Subject: Rule questions for Hand-to-Hand and Gun Powder Barrel rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Hofmann
Germany
Weilburg
flag msg tools
Hello,

my wife and I bought Ultimate Warriorz a week ago and during playing the game we had two situations where we weren't quite sure how they are supposed to be played. So I came here to ask for advice:

First situation: Melee attack

Quotation from the english rules:
Quote:
HAND-TO-HAND: A value greater than 0 in this characteristic indicates that the player must attack a warrior who is in the same zone. He can do this before, after, or during (meaning between two movements) his movements this turn.

Question:
First of all, for your information, we originally read the german rules and the quoted part is phrased there slightly different. When translating the german rules 1 to 1 into english, then the middle part would read like this: "[...] the player HAVE to attack a warrior who is in the same zone [...]". As we played with 2 characters each the following question came up. When the only other warrior in the same zone is a team mate, do you HAVE to attack your own team mate?

Second situation: Special ability "Gun Powder Barrel" from Agaric

Quote:
The explosive “Gun Powder Barrel”: This explosive Shooting attack has a power value of 3 dice and targets EACH Warriorz in the target Zone (one roll is applied to all targets)!

Question 1:
Since the word EACH is written in capitals, does this mean when your team mate is standing in the same zone where Gun Powder Barrel is going to explode, does he suffer the damage as well? When yes, who gets the popularity points?

Question 2:
At the end is statet, that [...]one roll is applied to all targets[...]. This lead us to the following questions: Is it allowed to use the Lucky Charm during this attack? When yes, does the use of the Lucky Charm from one character also affect the result for the other characters in this zone? When in this case the use of the lucky charm of one character influences the outcome for other players in the same zone and a team mate in same zone would suffer the damage as well (see question 1 above), can he also willingly use his Lucky Charm to increase the suffered damage by turning a 1 into a 6?

We would very appreciate it if you can support us with our questions. I hope my english is good enough that you can understand the questions. Many thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud MATAGOT
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rhayd wrote:
Hello,

my wife and I bought Ultimate Warriorz a week ago and during playing the game we had two situations where we weren't quite sure how they are supposed to be played. So I came here to ask for advice:

First situation: Melee attack

Quote:
HAND-TO-HAND: A value greater than 0 in this characteristic indicates that the player must attack a warrior who is in the same zone. He can do this before, after, or during (meaning between two movements) his movements this turn.

Question:
First of all, for your information, we originally read the german rules and the quoted part is phrased there slightly different. When translating the german rules 1 to 1 into english, then the middle part would read like this: "[...] the player HAVE to attack a warrior who is in the same zone [...]". As we played with 2 characters each the following question came up. When the only other warrior in the same zone is a team mate, do you HAVE to attack your own team mate?

No.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud MATAGOT
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rhayd wrote:
Hello,

Second situation: Special ability "Gun Powder Barrel" from Agaric

Quote:
The explosive “Gun Powder Barrel”: This explosive Shooting attack has a power value of 3 dice and targets EACH Warriorz in the target Zone (one roll is applied to all targets)!

Question 1:
Since the word EACH is written in capitals, does this mean when your team mate is standing in the same zone where Gun Powder Barrel is going to explode, does he suffer the damage as well? When yes, who gets the popularity ?

We would very appreciate it if you can support us with our questions. I hope my english is good enough that you can understand the questions. Many thanks in advance!

Yes. Agaric gets the points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud MATAGOT
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rhayd wrote:
Hello,

Question 2:
At the end is statet, that [...]one roll is applied to all targets[...]. This lead us to the following questions: Is it allowed to use the Lucky Charm during this attack? When yes, does the use of the Lucky Charm from one character also affect the result for the other characters in this zone? When in this case the use of the lucky charm of one character influences the outcome for other players in the same zone and a team mate in same zone would suffer the damage as well (see question 1 above), can he also willingly use his Lucky Charm to increase the suffered damage by turning a 1 into a 6?

Yes. Only for the character who uses it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Hofmann
Germany
Weilburg
flag msg tools
Hello Arnaud,

thanks a lot for your answers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud MATAGOT
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rhayd wrote:
Hello Arnaud,

thanks a lot for your answers!

You bet !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.