Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
Maybe this is a silly question and assumed to be obvious, but where is Eagle's Eyrie?

My assumption (based on use of a similar system in Battle of Five Armies) is that this just means 'in play, but off the board somewhere'. In B5A they had a box called Eagle's Eyrie on the board, but inaccessible such that, to all intents and purposes, it was out of the play area and just somewhere to store them in between uses.

I feel like the Eagles' Faction Card should have a box called 'Eagle's Eyrie' on the blank space on the bottom right. Which is the obvious place for us to place them, but not actually stated in the rules. We could as easily put them in the Sea, or some other unused bit of the board.

It's a place to put them so they are 'in play' but not actually in a region on the board yet.

Is this correct? Or have I missed something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GodRob
United States
Unionville
Virginia
flag msg tools
If you eat your burrito over a tortilla, anything that falls out will simply start building your next burrito!
badge
The first rule of chess club; Hide from fight club.
mbmbmbmbmb
Eagle's Eyrie is an area on the board. Just to the right of Rivendell across the Misty Mountains.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a region on the board (east across the mountains from Rivendell).

Ninjaed...ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ahhh OK. Well now who feels silly.

In my defense, I didn't have the game to hand, the names aren't really legible on the rules PDF, and my wife didn't think there was such a space. So I guess I was letting B5A ideas creep in where they weren't necessary.

I guess it is one of those spaces which isn't often used (by us anyway) which was probably a factor also.

Thanks for the answers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf B
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Also in your defense, no cards in the base game or LoME refer to that region by name ... a bit like Evendim (now go find that one!), which might gain a tad more significance when The Western Way hits the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
Rafamir wrote:
Also in your defense, no cards in the base game or LoME refer to that region by name ... a bit like Evendim (now go find that one!), which might gain a tad more significance when The Western Way hits the board.

Yeah, neither regions are ones most players have reason to visit!

I had actually heard of/noticed Evendim, and if it had been named on a card I'd have known it was a region.

I really think it's purely a hang-over from B5A, where Eagle's Eyrie means something quite different. And the fact no card names it and we have never even had reason to move through it (that I recall) meant it didn't even ring a bell as a region on the map. Though the lack of clarification in the rules did have me thinking it was but I hadn't found it (but then I only had the PDF to go by!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GodRob
United States
Unionville
Virginia
flag msg tools
If you eat your burrito over a tortilla, anything that falls out will simply start building your next burrito!
badge
The first rule of chess club; Hide from fight club.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've spent way too much time looking at maps of Middle Earth!

I haven't seen this referenced in a while but be sure to try this sporcle game about the War of the Ring board:

http://www.sporcle.com/games/Ofce/wotr-regions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
robertg611 wrote:
I've spent way too much time looking at maps of Middle Earth!

I haven't seen this referenced in a while but be sure to try this sporcle game about the War of the Ring board:

http://www.sporcle.com/games/Ofce/wotr-regions

Awesome.

49/105 for my first attempt. There were a few 'on the tips of my fingers' but I couldn't quite get the names right!

And also quite a lot I would probably never have got. I didn't get a single region in Neutral (North-East).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.