Subject: New 'unboxing' video is up. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David SL
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TMNTShadowsOfThePast/

It's not exactly an unboxing, more all of 'The Works' contents on a table, as it was apparently difficult to find a second person to hold the camera whilst opening the box... shake

Before I go into my complaints, though, I'd like to thank Nate for this. The game is looking really good, and I'll admit it, I'm a little gutted that I didn't pledge for The Works (or even at all), but I do trust that the retail version is going to be a brilliant package. The minis are looking really nice, the map boards are looking solid, and the components certainly look beautiful. I'm actually genuinely excited for this one.

Complaints, though:

Why not an HD video? Every smartphone now has HD capabilities. Why couldn't someone else film this? I know IDW are a small team, but since they've hailed this as their flagship game you'd think they'd want to make this presentation something special! People living at home alone make unboxing videos, and do it well. IDW are a company trying to stay afloat by selling their products, and they have a BIG product on their hands here.

Honestly, the marketing has been shoddy, at best.

Complaints over.

This game is really shaping up, and the way it has been handled is no reflection on the actual product, I feel. I really hope it's a success.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Chambers
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It works well enough for me! Glad you think it's shaping up though, a lot of people were negative during the production and I hope they get their minds changed.

My only complaint during the campaign is they didn't address quickly the worry that the April expansion at retail would have more stuff than we got. They still haven't really answered that either entirely, the answer they gave didn't cover if we'd be getting the scenario that she comes with. I think if it doesn't, there's probably enough complaints that we'll get a pdf version though, so I think it will work out either way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Gordon
United States
Meridian
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ever since the rulebook came out and said it came with 6 map 'sheets' I've been concerned that they were going to be paper. Very glad to see that they are indeed high quality tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Miller
msg tools
mb
@DavidSL, I don't really disagree with anything you've said, but they are doing a professional shoot sometime next week. Perhaps part of that will be a quality HD video. Or perhaps they weren't spending too much time on The Works version since only a relatively small number of people are receiving it; they might instead have a better video for the retail version. Time will tell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Butler
United States
White Sands Missile Range
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PRSthruVOX wrote:
@DavidSL, I don't really disagree with anything you've said, but they are doing a professional shoot sometime next week. Perhaps part of that will be a quality HD video. Or perhaps they weren't spending too much time on The Works version since only a relatively small number of people are receiving it; they might instead have a better video for the retail version. Time will tell.

Not to mention it won't be available at retail anyways- everyone who's getting The Works Edition is already sold on it, there's no real reason for them to do publicity videos for it. I'm sure some YouTubers out there will do unboxings if you're that desperate for one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MarioFanaticXV wrote:
PRSthruVOX wrote:

Not to mention it won't be available at retail anyways- everyone who's getting The Works Edition is already sold on it, there's no real reason for them to do publicity videos for it. I'm sure some YouTubers out there will do unboxings if you're that desperate for one.

Disagree. The Works editions is the premier version of their flagship game. Backers entrusted IDW with a lot of money, sight-unseen. If IDW want continued support for future kickstarters, they ought to care about keeping backers happy post-campaign, and the least they could do is show us in-focus pics of the production components.

It's not about selling anyone the Works edition, it's about selling future IDW product, and showing a bit of care for your supporters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Miller
msg tools
mb
MarioFanaticXV wrote:
there's no real reason for them to do publicity videos for it.

I would think the shoot they're doing is for the main set, and they figure while they are at it why not do The Works, too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geoff wrote:
If IDW want continued support for future kickstarters,

From what I understand, they have no intention of KS'ing any future TMNT product.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
donnbobhardy wrote:
Geoff wrote:
If IDW want continued support for future kickstarters,

From what I understand, they have no intention of KS'ing any future TMNT product.

Future Kickstarters, as in tabletop games, not necessarily TMNT.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.