Hide
6 Posts

Terra Mystica» Forums » General

Subject: Player drop on snellman rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Henrik Løv
msg tools
If a player drops on snellman, what happens to the bonus tile he has?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dawid
Poland
Cracow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Goes back to the pool.
For the rest of the game you play with more tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Løv
msg tools
Ignipes wrote:
Goes back to the pool.
For the rest of the game you play with more tiles.

Ok thanks. I guess thats the only viable design choice, but still can be very beneficial to some races, e.g. dwarves with no shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dawid
Poland
Cracow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my opinion when player drops out of the game he/she generally does crap.
Unless late in the game I will often abort the game because of that.
Not speaking of other reasons, dropping out brings decent misrepresentation to the stats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, dropping in general often changes the game balance drastically, and an extra bonus tile usually isn't among the real issues caused by a dropping player. Some of the main issues are:
- another player on a neighbor color gets easy and uncontested hexes which normally would have been taken / threatened to be taken by the dropped player
- the dropped player was in a position to do well/win on network, or cults, so depending on when the drop occurs, another player can grab a cheap "unearned" lead
- if the drop happens early (in round 1): a player loses the main "leeching mate" and potential neighbor for cheap TPs (e.g. one of grey+black on the eastern continent drops)

You can of course try to convince the remaining players to abort the game, but their decision will likely depend on how much they already invested into the game (e.g. I would support such an abortion if the player drops in round 1, but would not if the drop occurs in round 5 or 6).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
...and for TM Tour League games... well you just have to live with it and hope that it doesn't affect who wins the league. In my 1st season a player resigned during faction picks! Since he did it at this time it was fine since the remaining six players all had exactly two 3 player games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.