Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Marchlewitz
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played a two player with my wife just now...and have a couple of questions.

1) You don't have to place a piece on a just played tile, correct? You can lay a tile and place a hut, tower, or temple elsewhere?

2) If I have just placed a tower on a third level adjacent to one of my settlements, can my opponent also later use that same third level tile to place one of her towers assuming that it connects to her settlement?
In other words, can a tile have more than one tower from two different opponents on it?

Thanks!
Peter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
The tiles are made of three hexes. One of the hexes is the volcano, the other two are two different spaces (even if they are the same terrain type).

1. No, you don't need to place your building on the tile you just placed. You can place it anywhere you can legally place.

2. If you are calling the three combined hexes the tile then in the situation you mentioned you place the tower on one of the two usable hexes. The other hex is free for any player to play on legally on their turn. So yes, your wife could place a tower on the empty space on her turn if it is still vacant and she can legally place the piece.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin Smith
England
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Correct.

2. Of course your opponent can play a tower on that tile if the rules permit it. Adjacency to other people's pieces is irrelevant.

Why would this question come up, if I may ask?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Marchlewitz
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.
I just wasn't sure if two towers were allowed to be on the same three hexed tile. We played that it was but just wanted to confirm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.