19 Posts

Blood Rage» Forums » General

Subject: Please help! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michal Strejcovsky
Norway
flag msg tools
Hi guys! I've got a little problem. I just bought Blood Rage on eBay and the seller kinda forgot to mention that it's a French version I don't want to argue, or send it back, buy a new one and wait again, so could somebody please scan for me in some good resolution the cards, 102 I think, the four clan sheets and the game sheet? Thank you very much.
Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Nazzari
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread is not gonna end well.

Just a FYI, that would be illegal to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Strejcovsky
Norway
flag msg tools
I haven't thought about that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drevak257 wrote:
Hi guys! I've got a little problem. I just bought Blood Rage on eBay and the seller kinda forgot to mention that it's a French version I don't want to argue, or send it back, buy a new one and wait again, so could somebody please scan for me in some good resolution the cards, 102 I think, the four clan sheets and the game sheet? Thank you very much.
Mike

Contact CMON and see if they can help sort you out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Strejcovsky
Norway
flag msg tools
I've tried that, so I'm waiting for a response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Contact the seller and return it, if it was their fault.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ShaneXtopher wrote:
Contact the seller and return it, if it was their fault.

That too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Strejcovsky
Norway
flag msg tools
It wasn't written anywhere, but maybe they just sent the wrong one by mistake, but as I said, I don't really want to send it back and wait again for weeks if I can solve it within couple hours on internet. I could get just the translation but I wanted to just get the cards, print them and glue over, so it looks nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Drevak257 wrote:
It wasn't written anywhere, but maybe they just sent the wrong one by mistake, but as I said, I don't really want to send it back and wait again for weeks if I can solve it within couple hours on internet. I could get just the translation but I wanted to just get the cards, print them and glue over, so it looks nice.

That's a LOT of work/effort! Depending on how you value your time, at this point it may actually be worth it to return the eBay purchase and simply buy a new copy of the game from a reputable vendor.

The money you'll pay for a new copy has got to be less than the value of your time spent doing what you're talking about. Plus (and more importantly) you'll forever have nice, clean cards to play with instead of cards with glued-over paper faces. And remember in this game, the cards get handled a LOT.

Sleeving of course would alleviate much of the physical issues mentioned above, but still... it will always look odd. So given all that, I'd personally chalk it up a lesson learned, get my money back for the French version, and put down the money for a new copy. (Or one from eBAy that you trust)!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I call shenanigans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Strejcovsky
Norway
flag msg tools
It's not about money, and/or time spent on it. It took three weeks to get it, so sending it back and getting a new one would be another almost two months. And if you think that I'd ruin the game by using some low-cost paper or printer forget about it. I'm printing magazines, so I'm using a professional industrial printer and pretty high quality coated paper, so not only that you wouldn't tell the difference, but it would also make the cards firmer by doubling the thickness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Even if you go your way, which would be craft fun, you should report the seller. This is unacceptable!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Strejcovsky
Norway
flag msg tools
I've checked the ad again, just to be sure that I'm not the idiot, and already sent the seller a message and reported him as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Strejcovsky
Norway
flag msg tools
So just a little update, got answer from CMON. So if anyone damages his cards, or whatever, they'll sell cards and clan sheets for $10 + S&H

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rush
msg tools
Is it the full set of cards? At 10+ I'd probably buy them so I can laminate a set without fear of ruining everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Strejcovsky
Norway
flag msg tools
That's what they wrote me. When I told them about my problem, they replied "no problem, we can send you the cards plus clan sheets for 10usd+" So I guess that they wouldn't send just half of them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Handrejk
Germany
Scheeßel
Deutschland
flag msg tools
badge
“We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!” ― Benjamin Franklin
mbmbmbmbmb
Good guy CMON
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mc Deep
Brazil
Rio
flag msg tools
Warning: there is a translation mistake with the french version !

The loki combat card in age 2 has text "when you loose a fight, steal 2 rage" instead of "when you loose a fight, steal 2 victory points"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Strejcovsky
Norway
flag msg tools
Ha! Good to know

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.