1 Posts

Zombicide: Black Plague Special Guest Box – Naïade» Forums » Reviews

Subject: Great minis, balance issues. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Evans
Australia
flag msg tools
I'm a huge Naiade fan - his work seems to create beautiful 3d miniatures.

I can't say enough about the quality and composition of these miniatures. I also love his art style and playing with cards is a joy. Opening the box was a "wow!" moment as I looked at the figures for the first time. The casting was excellent and crisp.

This is a good value set as it gives you extra heroes, but one (Ostokar) can also be used as a necromancer, meaning you can spice up your games significantly through this box alone.

However, we have banned Milo as a hero at this point.

Milo does +1 Damage (Magic) at level 1. This ability is powerful - it's more deadly than +1 Damage (Melee) as you don't need to close with the zombies so you can blast away then run on your last action. This means he can burn through fatties on turn 1 with just a starting spell at little risk, and with the more advanced spells even kills abominations with ease. The game generally degenerates into "get Milo geared up then form a meat shield for him", in a fairly dull fashion.

We plan to bring him back in once we are using necromancer cabals and the boss abominations, but in the meantime, he breaks the game and needs to get left on the sidelines.

Art/Sculpts 9/10 - for fans of Naiade this is must own
Gameplay 6/10 - a playable necromancer in the box adds variety but one of the heroes is game breaking.

Overall: 7.5/10 - buy it if you love Naiade, or need some heroes with extra punch for the more advanced baddies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.