GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,822 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Rococo» Forums » Rules

Subject: Scoring Halls in a 2 player game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vahe K
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi I just wanted everyone's opinion on the scoring halls aspect in a 2 player game only. My opinion is that 2nd most dresses should at least get the 2nd position points, some of the halls have a 4/1 scoring or 6/2. I find it weird that one player can have 3 dresses in a hall and the other has 2 but one person scores 6 points while the other zero, especially when it gets to tie breakers because of master guest spots, imagine in the top hall 3 dresses each 1 master spot each and 2nd tie breaker because of a musician, all that hard work and 1 player gets 6 points and the the 2nd player gets zero! Not even the 2nd place 2 points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz Małecki
Poland
Oława
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's something I actually enjoy in 2p games, because you have to "pick your battles" carefully. Gives you something to think about when you decide if you should go for the bonus points for having a dress in each hall. Bonus points never hurt, but on the other hand if my dresses are scattered around, it might be difficult to win majorities in the best halls. If you could score for 2nd place, going for the bonus would be almost a no brainer, since having even 1 dress in a hall already gives you points (for not a lot of work, to be honest).

Also, the tension of not knowing if I will score any points for a certain hall makes the game more interesting (for me). If you go all in and happen to loose the battle, well - maybe you risked too much? And if you manage to outsmart your opponent and pick that musician bonus in the last possible moment - that's also very satisfying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.