Subject: Dummy skill reveal timing in solo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex
Spain
Coruña
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand all the basics. you can't pick the dummy skill until your next skill level up, never get your own discarded skills, etc. This is about when the dummy skill is exactly revealed.

Quote:
Every time your Hero has gained a Skill token, also reveal one Skill of the Dummy player, and put it into the Common Skill offer

Does "gain" mean actually taking the skill or just leveling up? Two possible sequences here:

1. Reveal your new 2 own skills. Pick a legal skill from the offer. Then reveal the dummy skill.

2. Reveal your 2 skills and the dummy skill. Pick a legal skill from the offer.

Very nitpicky, I know, but it could make a sliggggght difference for long term planning. For example, If I know that a great norowas unit skill is entering the pool I just may get now the influence skill I was gonna ditch. Or I can pass on a mana generating own skill since I know there's gonna be one from the dummy available next time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The second.
Upon leveling up you get choices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zosete wrote:
Quote:
Every time your Hero has gained a Skill token, also reveal one Skill of the Dummy player, and put it into the Common Skill offer

Does "gain" mean actually taking the skill or just leveling up? Two possible sequences here:

1. Reveal your new 2 own skills. Pick a legal skill from the offer. Then reveal the dummy skill.

2. Reveal your 2 skills and the dummy skill. Pick a legal skill from the offer.
The first. You haven't gained a skill until you've chosen one. At least that's how I've always played it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Arnold
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm with jhaelen - you add a new one from the dummy to the skill pile after you've chosen yours. This mimics how it plays multiplayer, where you can choose from the Common Skill offer or one of your two. But if you level up first, you only get to choose from your two, even in multiplayer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Arnott
msg tools
Having just played my first full solo to completion last night, I'm hoping it goes like this:

(First time of levelling up, with Skills):

Draw the top 2 skills from your pile, select one, and put the other in the common skill offer**, then take the Dummy player's top skill and place it in the common skill offer.

**I have a feeling that I read (or saw) that, in a solo game, the skill which you do not choose from your own 2 skills is discarded from the game, rather than going into the common skill offer (as the dummy player's never going to take it, and you have passed it up), thus not being available to you again in the game, but I am not sure if I imagined this -seem to think it might have been in one of Ricky Royal's (Box of Delights) videos on MK

(Next level-up with skills bonus):

Draw the top 2 skills from your pile and you now have the choice of 1 of these 2, OR the skill in the common skills offer which was 'put there' by the dummy-player in the first level-up...

If you take the dummy player's skill, then you would discard both of yours from the game, assuming my ** is correct!

AND of course, you would then add the dummy player's top skill to the common skills offer to complete the level-up action

I think...

Slippery

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald
Germany
Dresden
flag msg tools
Slipperythings wrote:
Draw the top 2 skills from your pile, select one, and put the other in the common skill offer**, then take the Dummy player's top skill and place it in the common skill offer.

** You can put your unused skill in the offer, but you will not longer have access to it during later level ups. So it's easier to discard it.

Also don't forget, you have to take the lowest advanced action, if you chose a skill from the offer. It's one of those easy-to-miss rules (at least for me).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ali Cali
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the expansions, there are ways to use skills that you discard, so I would keep it there. Also, you might want to know what possible skills you'll be drawing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.