Popular Tags: [View All]
Vahe K
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Simple math lets say each player have 8 dresses each at the end of the game

one player takes 2 statue spots for 45$ for two actions over the course of the game

let's say 8 dresses 2 times each color = 16 points for 2 different sets + points from the dresses themselves. so (2+2+3+4) x 2 = 22
22+16 = 38 points + 2 points from the statues = 40 points total

Cheapest fireworks spots 12+13+14+15 = 54$ for 4 actions over the course of the game

best case scenario is that you 4 blue dresses on top floor and move them up to fireworks for 8 points each (4x2)x4
4 x 8 = 32 points + remaining 4 dresses in game, lets say 2+2+3+3 = 10
10+32 = 42 points no bonus from decorations.

Quick summary
1st player - 2 actions 2 statues for 45$ = 40 points
2nd player - 4 actions 4 fireworks for 54$ = 42 points (and this is with 4 blue dresses!)

The strength of the statues is that you are potentially getting 8-16 points if you have two of them but you are also scoring the value of your dresses while fireworks just multiply the point value. Even if the 2nd player for instance gets the 3rd statue and scores 8 points + 42 = 50 points + 2 for the statue for a total 52 points for the second player but that's 5 actions and 54$+30$= 84$!! And this is assuming he has 4 blue dresses on the top floor.

Thoughts? Don't forget this is for a 2 player game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting analysis and is worth considering.

Without thinking about it too much here are my thoughts:

Remember that the second player must have 2 green, 2 yellow, 2 red and 2 blue coats/dresses in order to score fully for both statues. So that is an even more specific set of coats/dresses and twice as many leaving the first player with a few actions on you to use elsewhere.

I have played this 2-player a lot with my wife and it is a tough fought game every time - very enjoyable. I can't remember either of us going for two statues, as creating that full second set never seemed worth the effort and risk. There are other scores to make that are more important.

Also, the first player has a strong incentive to also take at least 1 statue spot as well as it is worth 8 points, which will most likely increase the cost for the second player's second choice of statue.

Let me know how it turns out for you next game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.