GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,045 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
18 Posts

Tail Feathers» Forums » General

Subject: What do you want in a Tail Feathers expansion? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Jansson
msg tools
What do you want in a Tail Feathers expansion?

Personally, I want two or three new kinds of birds with new riders. Three flying units would allow you to make battles with the same amount of fliers in both teams. But I want at least two.

I want them to be mercenaries because it wouldn't make it feel strange to use them with either side.

It would need to come with extra tree tiles to accommodate the extra ground troops that having more birds on the field would allow you.

One of the new units could be a bat. But the other(s) I still want to be birds.

That's what I want, what do you people want?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brain
United States
Belvidere
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want unit cards for all the characters from Heart of Glorm and Downwood Tales.

I also want non-unique pilots.

More characters, more scenarios, and more upgrades are just assumed.

Mostly, I'm just hoping there is an expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Tom Casual
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If we only get one more big expansion for the mice and Mystics world I hope it's another amazing campaign box for the main game.

That said , more tail feathers would be excellent!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Cook
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Character cards for Downwood. I'd like to see the fairies flying around. Maybe burning tailfesthers as a new obstacle.

Otherwise just picking up another base game helps with a lot of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Linton
United States
Friday Harbor
Washington
flag msg tools
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
badge
Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul.
mbmbmbmbmb
More ways to light the nest on fire! My wife plays the rats and hates she doesn't have a way to do it, and if I'm not mistaken only Maginos is able to do it for the mice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sinclair
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
squad of humming birds and bats. No riders. Kinda like ground guys but can fly too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A falcon for the good guys
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Cook
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You know, more than anything else, I want the playmat to be a little easier to get. I looked around trying to figure out where to get it made and it always seemed like a mess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Holmes
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Eee-va?
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be happy with just a few birds with a handful of generic riders. That way we could mix up the existing birds/riders with the expansion birds/riders.

With all of the existing ground troops from this game and Mice and Mystics, I feel like that is covered pretty well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
I think they'd be most interested in, and I'd like as well, an expansion that would have both M&M and TF content. Particularly if TF hasn't done well, this might help boost sales.

I think it would be neat to see insect allies. Wasps, dragonflies, beetles, horseflies, weaponized butterflies... Smaller figures might be cheaper to cast, and could make for neat content in both games.

I'd also love to see a bat, and maybe even an armored hummingbird!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Zwerg wrote:
A falcon for the good guys :)

Falcons tend on the larger scale. Perhaps the smaller kestrel or peregrine instead? Or even the merlin which is also one of the smaller breeds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ANDRES PALACIOS
Colombia
BOGOTA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
new characters, game is pretty awesome and have a lot of potencial, hope it can be release soon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wilder
Canada
North York
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I want an army of reptiles.

An army that rides Bats would be cool too.

I think it would be great to play a 3 or 4 faction game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
I want news of any future expansions... cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Schelter
Canada
Bracebridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A cardinal,
A chickadee,
And an owl
Make three

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
coony
Romania
Timisoara
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
- The Neoprene playmat.
- Unit cards for the Downwood Tales and Heart of Glorm figures.
- Extra flying figures or full new factions -> geeks have already provided great options and PlaidHat is known for having tons of theme in their games. Plenty to choose from.

Let's hope they expand this universe more
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N F
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
I would like for an expansion to make it truly a 4 player game. What does that mean???

-Probably at least 4 more flying units. (2 per new faction)
-Probably 12-14 new ground figures. (6-7 per faction) These would be like snag commandos or Oakguard. And some sort of Stabora figures.
-Cards to use DWT expansion figures.
-Ideally the two new factions would be very different, but I honestly wouldn't care if they just made two more rat & mice factions that had unique heroes and ground troops. IT wouldn't be as good, but would be ok. I just don't want to play 4 player with 2 identical sets of TF.

I think it was pretty lame to call the game 2-4 player as it is. If you really wanted, you could call it 2-10 player. The rat side could have 5 units and each player controls one unit, and same for the mouse side. Now it is a 10 player game! lol It basically has units for a 2 player game, and you can choose to share those if you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SK Tan
Singapore
South Carolina
flag msg tools
More Unit Cards and Action Cards for Heart of Glorm and Downwood Tales!!! A more wallet friendly cards expansion would be good. If they want to package it nicely, maybe throw in the printing of all the digital download expansion.

Maybe also provide new base that is more heavy to make it harder to knock down/accidental move, and with different "stick" length so some can be longer and some shorter to kind of prevent the "bird collapsing if too close" problem.

Figures wise there's already a lot if you have purchase all Mice and Mystics. There's so much that you can even setup your battle field by combining the Castle/Forest tiles in Mice and Mystics together with Tail Feathers. You can even have a different tree if you have Downwood Tales...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.