Steram Shaw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi, I like the look of letters from whitechapel, but not sure how good it is with 2 players. what else is out there that has the same feel/look but plays good with 2 players. thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hill
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stevieram wrote:
Hi, I like the look of letters from whitechapel, but not sure how good it is with 2 players. what else is out there that has the same feel/look but plays good with 2 players. thanks

i think that Letters from Whitechapel is best with two players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Schoberg
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
when i get home, i'm so tired
badge
just roll over, please. i'm so tired. just roll over, please. i'm so tired.
mb
Mr. Jack is excellent. Not nearly as sprawling, but very fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Hendrickson
United States
Seward
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
emodiu5 wrote:
Mr. Jack is excellent. Not nearly as sprawling, but very fun.

Anything in the Mr. Jack series is designed only for two players. We like Le Fantôme de l'Opéra.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Fraser
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Burbage wrote:
Stevieram wrote:

i think that Letters from Whitechapel is best with two players.

I agree 100%. Two player Whitechapel is awesome. Super tense and engaging.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Brown
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spector ops beats white chapel nuff said!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan S.
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fury of Dracula (third edition) plays just fine with 2, so long as one player doesn't mind maintaining all 4 hunters. It's not as big of a hurdle as it is in some games, since the hunters don't have a ton of stuff to keep track of. More players = better, but 2 is still good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steram Shaw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Re: similar to letters from whitechapel but plays goodyjamks with 2 players.
Thanks guys. Next question, letters from Whitechapel or fury of Dracula for mainly 2 Players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hill
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stevieram wrote:
Thanks guys. Next question, letters from Whitechapel or fury of Dracula for mainly 2 Players?

Well, here's a thought that might help you make up your mind. If you don't buy Fury of Dracula now, you'll never be able to get it.

I think Fury is more tactical and interesting. Letters is more of a simple chase game, but then some people like simplicity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave Snell
England
flag msg tools
mb
Letters from Whitechapel is a two player game, with thehoptuon to add more. It's definitely the best game of it's type for two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lodge
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
I only own the first edition of FoD (with the lead figures), but not played the later versions, & it is a game I enjoy. However, LfW really is a fantastic, tense game using deduction & pure logic to hunt down your prey & I'd definitely recommend this out of the two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Lynch
Canada
Canning
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fury of Dracula is an excellent game but defiantly not best with two... Ok at two.... Letters from Whitechapel is best with two and with an exspansion to be released with minis etc at Essen it only stands to get better... Great game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angel Carrete
United States
Fargo
ND
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone played Ninja: Legend of the Scorpion Clan? I rarely hear it mentioned in these threads but it looks like a solid option, specially with 2 players

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.