Hide
6 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Most irritating monster/nemesis. Some spoilers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hugh Jorgan
msg tools
This is just pure frustration here, but the Phoenix is by far the most irritating thing to fight and for one reason, Spiral Age!

Spoiler (click to reveal)
During the Showdown, the Phoenix killed two of my survivors. I opted to have one of the last 2 run away, since he had FAs and abilities I didn't want to lose.
My final survivor had the 'Last Man Standing' FA, which turned her into a badass! The Phoenix still had half its AI cards, yet she managed to single handedly smash away and survive, bloodied and cleaved, she could've won. Then, that stupid Spiral Age comes along and ruins an awesome showdown.

It seems like such a cheap trick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IA Seldon
msg tools
mb
Most lists will put a Level 1 Phoenix as ranking above a level 2 Lion and Antelope.

Spiral Age is why. Think of him as that line next to roller coasters measuring your height.

Think of the Phoenix as a line in the game saying "Must be this badass to proceed."

There is a trick to fighting him, of course. Each monster has one. The fun of this game is figuring the trick out for yourself.

Best of luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Sharkey
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahah, yep! That one ability is the single reason why I put him off forever and choose to barely fight him nowdays.

I will farm legendary White Lion over fighting a lvl 2 Phoenix. About only time I choose fight him is if I make it into the late years at which point I will try and get someone into his armour set, but it is a terror every time. Also, that Hours Ring is amazing to get if you get a single survivor really lucky on age stat +'s.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Trewartha
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The Phoenix has nothing on the ridiculousness of the King's Man, especially when it is at level 2. Slenderman is also extremely frustrating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh Jorgan
msg tools

I absolutely love the Rainbow Katana, only managed to get it once, with the sheath, and 2 LYrs before the Watcher Showdown, hence the Phoenix fights.

I'm also trying to get the Warlord Armor Kit and hours ring, since that bastard turned my toughest fighter into an old woman (She was the final survivor on the board and single handedly smashed away about 80% of his AI cards before being phased out by Spiral Age)... Luckily, after defeat, she returned to the settlement. I renamed her 'Vengeance'. I rolled a good Intimacy for her and she bore a son, who I named 'Wrath'.

Vengeance or Wrath, it's become an obsession to have one, or both of them, stand over the bloodied carcass of the LV2 Phoenix.devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.