Subject: OFFICIAL Card Rogue - Rule clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Saunders
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
Have a question about the Card Rogue rulebook (cardrogue.com/rulebook)?

Don't understand part of a game? Is the exact meaning of a rule unclear? Post your questions here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Switzerland
Fribourg
flag msg tools
muwins.ch
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Ryan, I just played my first game (solo) and it was fun! (Well, let's just not mention my untimely demise after an encounter with the most fearful of all traditional dungeon dwelling creatures... yeah... Sewer Rats... blush)

Anyway, I have a question regarding the Rogue's stealing ability: I guess she needs to have the gold for the desired item before she can attempt to steal it? Anything else wouldn't make much sense, since otherwise she could just keep trying, as there is no punishment for failing to steal.

Btw, the online rulebook works very well! The rules are presented very clearly and with the hyperlinks it's really easy to find the required information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Champion
United States
California
flag msg tools
Never gonna be 40
badge
With stops in Anaheim, Azusa, and Cucamonga!
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my copy today, and it looks great!

I did have one quick rules question. I was looking at the rulebook v1.1 under "Standard turn sequence".

It says: "If the only action taken by the player was to move his player token, and the player did not interact with another card or player, he may repeat his turn from step 2."

Is "interact with another card or player" referring to the interact section (entering combat or interacting with a player) or does it also refer to the possible results of movement (Trap, Potion, Shop, Fountain).

Also, is that repeatable (can you move to as many explored tiles as you want on a turn as long as you don't interact with a card) or can you only move to one extra explored tile per turn?

Thanks for the help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell D
United Kingdom
Ewell
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. In combat, if the Bard attacks and rolls a 6, he "must" flee. Does this mean he must attempt to flee (so roll another die and only if he rolls 4, 5, or 6 does he actually flee) or that he automatically flees?

2. When 2 players attack a monster, is this the correct sequence?
- Player A attacks the monster
- Monster attacks player A
- Player B attacks the monster
(Monster does not attack)
... and so on.
In other words, the player each get one attack between each attack of the monster?

3. If I am wounded by a poisonous monster in combat, can I drink a Potion of Healing between taking the damage and rolling to see if I suffer extra damage from poison?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Switzerland
Fribourg
flag msg tools
muwins.ch
mbmbmbmbmb
angelgabriel wrote:

2. When 2 players attack a monster, is this the correct sequence?
- Player B attacks the monster
(Monster does not attack)
... and so on.
In other words, the player each get one attack between each attack of the monster?

...until player A dies or flees. That's how I interpret it, too.

Curious about Ryan's answers to your other questions, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lee
United States
California
flag msg tools
angelgabriel wrote:

3. If I am wounded by a poisonous monster in combat, can I drink a Potion of Healing between taking the damage and rolling to see if I suffer extra damage from poison?

From the rules "A potion can be drank at any time on a players turn"

I would take that if I was attacking on my turn and get poison from monster attack the potion could be drank. But since potion of healing doesn't cure poison it just refills health to max then if you are already at max health there would be no point.

But i could be wrong just what i got from the rules

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Rosenbaum
msg tools
mb
Monster Chase, Monster Regen and Golem attack
3 questions all pertaining to monsters:
1. Will a non-stationary monster chase a character thru the dungeon or will they stay where they are in the room they are in? If they chase, how do you mark that on the board and the explore tile with their stats would that simply be them respawning until killed?

2. Will non-vampire bat monsters regen their hitpoints after someone flees or dies?<br><br>

3. The Golem: when it rolls for its attack damage, is that each time it attacks or, like the potions, its the first time it attacks, that attack roll will be what it is for each subsequent attack?<br><br>

All in all we loved it. We played a 4 player game with 2 hard core gamers and 2 mid-level gamers. And of that 4 player makeup I was the only one who'd ever played the original video game and I thought it was a great homage to the game of old. and all 4 of us really dug it.<br><br>

One thing we did do that streamlined things a bit was got dice for each monster as a HP counter. We did make a house rule that monsters kept their lowered hitpoints after each encounter. So Bard did 1 point of damage to the Imp, when the Warrior got there the Imp would have -1 HP.<br><br>

Dug it tho! Very fun game! The mid-gamers and the hard core ones all had fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guz Forster
Finland
Jyväskylä
flag msg tools
So when you drink a teleport potion or throw it on a player, do you or that player get to place an exploration card to an adjacent tile? The rules only say "end turn" after being teleported, but I don't know if end turn means the step 4 of the normal turn base or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Garibay
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Regarding the Hasty Boots, I have three questions. First, is the wearer required to move two spaces or can he/she move up to 2 spaces? Secondly, if the wearer passes over a trap without landing on it, are they affected by the trap? Finally, if the wearer passes by a previously revealed monster on the first space, are they then required to stop moving and enter combat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molina
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rhyeen wrote:
Have a question about the Card Rogue rulebook (cardrogue.com/rulebook)?

Don't understand part of a game? Is the exact meaning of a rule unclear? Post your questions here.

Looks like quite a few people have posted questions. Is there going to be any answers given?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Gozhenko
msg tools
All above is my interpretation of the rules

megladon88 wrote:
1. Will a non-stationary monster chase a character thru the dungeon or will they stay where they are in the room they are in? If they chase, how do you mark that on the board and the explore tile with their stats would that simply be them respawning until killed?

http://cardrogue.com/rulebook/index.html#Does-not-chase

DOES NOT CHASE An enemy with this ability will not chase a fleeing player. Therefore, a player can flee without needing to roll.

I guess, any monster would be at same place where player reveals it. If monster does not chase, player could flee without rolling dice. Only possible way to move monster in other place is to use potion or scroll on it.

Quote:

2. Will non-vampire bat monsters regen their hitpoints after someone flees or dies?<br><br>

http://cardrogue.com/rulebook/index.html#Flee

If a player successfully flees from an enemy, the player and enemy will leave combat and the player can resume his Standard Turn Sequence at step 4, and the enemy's health will be completely restored.

Look like we have rule for flee and same would apply for die case.

Quote:

3. The Golem: when it rolls for its attack damage, is that each time it attacks or, like the potions, its the first time it attacks, that attack roll will be what it is for each subsequent attack?

http://cardrogue.com/rulebook/index.html#Combat

COMBAT TURN SEQUENCE
1. Roll for attack or flee: The player rolls a die. This is called an ATTACK ROLL. The player will deal the rolled amount to the enemy’s health after applying any attack modifiers. The enemy’s starting (max) health is listed on the enemy card.
Instead of rolling an attack roll, the player may attempt to flee. Read the following section for more information.
Example Enemy card with special ability
2. Apply enemy ability (if any): If the enemy has a special ability that require a die roll, roll for this ability. Apply the ability if the roll matches the ability's required roll, or if the ability does not require a roll. Ability descriptions can be found in the Clarifications section. Look up the ability itself, and not the name of the enemy.
3. Enemy attacks: The enemy will attack the player. The player will lose health equal to the attack amount listed on the enemy card after applying any defense altering effects.

"Roll a die ATACK is double the roll" is ability of Golem and player should roll diсe each 2nd step and use value at 3rd step.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gozhenko wrote:
All above is my interpretation of the rules

Please edit your post. You totally broke the site by using code tags instead of quotes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.