Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Randy Weston - The Spirits of Our Ancestors
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a brainstorm and went down to a couple of local bead shops, thinking I might find something suitable for use as in Diamant with the idol variant. Wow, did I hit the mother lode. There are all kinds of beads that are ideal for the purpose!

I bought more than I actually need; four Buddhas in different colors, a jade skull, and several animal figures (including a flying pig), at a cost of 85 cents to 1 dollar each. You can get smaller ones for 50 cents a pop, but the ones I picked are the perfect size to match the other game components. I saw some truly magnificent specimens that ran 3-5 dollars each, but the cheaper ones I bought look really good. I uploaded a couple of images to give you an idea:

I really think these are a great addition, and far cooler than just using a diamond for the idol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matthew midgley
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd been thinking of doing the same ...

... and now I know I'll have to.

They look awesome!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Ruepprich
United States
Grapevine
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice idea.

BTW: Thelonious rules!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.