Subject: Does a "deal damage" event avoid breakthrough damage? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pierre Spring
Switzerland
flag msg tools
Situation:

* Player A attacks with a breakthrough champion
* Player B has no champion but plays an event that deals damage to the attacking champion. The damage is greater then the defence.

Question:

Does the attacking champion deal damage to the player, or did the event kill the champion?

I don't find any information in the rule book, even after reading it 3 more times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Every effect fully resolves in the order it was played.

So:

Player 1 announces he is attacking.
Player 2 plays an event card that removes the attacker from play (for whatever reason).
Then the attacker is no longer in play, so the attack is over. The attacker is not there to deal its damage or use any of its effects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Spring
Switzerland
flag msg tools
Thanks for your quick response!

While I understand what you are saying, my question was precisely if an event that deals damage is immediately removing discarding a champion or if it is summed to the attack points of the attack group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. An event completely resolves its damage when it is played. If this removes an attacking Champion from play, then the attack is over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.