Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Heberer
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Boy, that escalated quickly. I mean that really got out of hand fast.
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't find anything in the FAQ or rules that clarifies when this happens. The timing is really only important to determine if you can play the card you draw because of the icon to add icons to the action you are doing.

For instance, I play a desert terrain card for 1 movement point and a card draw. I draw air cavalry. Can I play it to make my movement points for the action 4? Or do I have to wait for another action?

The rules imply that you play cards to gain points to do a single action type. It seems like you don't interleave card play and spending the points until you are done. But I don't know if this is true.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i7dealer wrote:
I can't find anything in the FAQ or rules that clarifies when this happens. The timing is really only important to determine if you can play the card you draw because of the icon to add icons to the action you are doing.

For instance, I play a desert terrain card for 1 movement point and a card draw. I draw air cavalry. Can I play it to make my movement points for the action 4? Or do I have to wait for another action?

The rules imply that you play cards to gain points to do a single action type. It seems like you don't interleave card play and spending the points until you are done. But I don't know if this is true.

This is not spelled out explicitly in the rules, but my understanding is that the drawn cards cannot be added to the current action, as the bonus is gained after your action is completed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Play cards for the Action
2. Resolve the Action
3. Gain any bonuses from the Action, which can include:

- Gaining a Point for a Build (Machines)
- Drawing a card per symbol (Pilgrims)
- Changing initiative order
- Drawing one card max regardless of the symbols due to the * (Desert)

TLDR: Cards drawn as a result of the cards played for the Action cannot be used to further augment the Action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Heberer
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Boy, that escalated quickly. I mean that really got out of hand fast.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks kindly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.