Hide
9 Posts

Star Trek: Ascendancy» Forums » Rules

Subject: Initiating combat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick LAROSA
msg tools
If I want to attack a rival from multiple sectors do I exhaust 1 command or 2? The rules state to exhaust a command to initiate a combat and then further down (p 17) it states you can exhaust a command to attack from multiple sectors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
It's just one command and you can attack with any units adjacent to the sector you're attacking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Tonge
United Kingdom
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
yep. Pay a command and fight from any number of adjacent locations to any one target location.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Grant
United States
Santa Clarita
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This was not clear in the rule book to me as well. The wording seemed to imply a second command token is required.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed that it was poorly explained in the rulebook. But it is indeed 1 command to attack from multiple sectors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
How would retreating work when attacking from multiple sectors?

Take the diagram on pg 17 of the Klingons attacking from 3 different space lanes. Do they all retreat to a single space lane? The rules say:
"When you Retreat, all your Ships must Move and end their Retreat in the same Sector."

I'm thinking if you attack from multiple sectors, then each sector Retreats independently. (In terms of ending Sector, they all have to Retreat at the same time.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
soosy wrote:
How would retreating work when attacking from multiple sectors?

Take the diagram on pg 17 of the Klingons attacking from 3 different space lanes. Do they all retreat to a single space lane? The rules say:
"When you Retreat, all your Ships must Move and end their Retreat in the same Sector."

I'm thinking if you attack from multiple sectors, then each sector Retreats independently. (In terms of ending Sector, they all have to Retreat at the same time.)

I think I'd agree with this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GF9 has confirmed in another thread that each sector involved in the attack retreats seperately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. Thanks!

Found it:
Re: battle/retreat questions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.