Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Osiris Saline
Australia
Red Hill
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
EDIT: Thanks to everyone for pointing out my misinterpreted piano=plano goof, now I know where I've been going wrong!

Hey,

After considering organizing my favourite/most oft-played games in some ways, I've been searching a lot of old threads related to that type of job, and while I see a lot of love for foamcore, I see more people recommending the use of piano boxes.

However I can not seem to find a piano box online or in the high street that isn't a traditional $100+ fine wooden one.

So, any advice over alternative names for plastic piano boxes, or links to sites that sell them wholesale or anything would really be appreciated.

...or tell me how piano boxes are the worst thing and I should just stick to working out foamcore.

EDIT: For reference I am looking to store stuff like Eldritch Horror, Dungeons & Dragons: Castle Ravenloft Board Game, Risk 2210 A.D. and such, so room for cards is a must. Smaller boxes with no room for cards have been available but I'm looking to keep everything stored together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt G
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Where to buy piano boxes in Australia (Queensland)
I don't know about the availability in Australia but Artbin makes similar products.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. oeppel
Germany
Duisburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OsirisSaline wrote:

So, any advice over alternative names for plastic piano boxes.

Plano boxes, with L
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Saxton
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
After all, gas can is my middle name. Eh, not really.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, PLANO makes them (among others), seen here full of Ogre stuff:

Check the fishing tackle area of a large store, or the beading / crafting areas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des Lee
Australia
Quakers Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it's pLano. But you don't specifically have to get a plano-branded box, just about any tackle box or craft box would do.

Lots of places stock them - especially look in the fishing sections of K Mart, Big W etc. Bunnings have a few varieties too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Osiris Saline
Australia
Red Hill
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ahaha, I feel like a big tool for misreading & misspelling stuff, no wonder stores have looked at me in a confused manner when I've asked!

Right, thank you everyone
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Cargill
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
One die to roll them all
badge
One die to roll them all
mbmbmbmbmb
OsirisSaline wrote:
Ahaha, I feel like a big tool for misreading & misspelling stuff, no wonder stores have looked at me in a confused manner when I've asked!

Right, thank you everyone

If you're set on Plano you'll find them in Australia mainly in outdoor/fishing shops like www.bcf.com.au, www.amazonoutdoors.com.au but you'll be paying an arm and a leg, if you wanted advise for Australia go with the brand 'Fischer' (www.fischerplastics.com.au), they have heaps bigger selection than Plano will in Australia. I have both brands, Plano I prefer but it's super expensive compared to the US so Fischer wins but I don't think they come with adjustable compartments.

Else if you want a cheaper alternative than both Fischer or Plano, Bunnings will have lots of options for small storage containers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.