Last Friday» Forums » General

Subject: Rushed Production and Poor Component Quality rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Welch
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This game was either rush during production or someone was asleep at wheel. It's well documented about the maniac board being backward. But surprising no one mentioned what appears to be a missing predestined player marker in the shape of a knife. The insert clearly has a dedicated spot for it. Also the player cards and the cabin tiles are terrible quality. Today consumers have come to exp ct more out of the production quality of these type of games. Oh, did I mention the insert wasn't formed to hold all the tokens even though there is plenty of room for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they've commented on the copies with the board goof are pre-release copies or something, not actual retail copies.

They've said the board will be fixed in the retail copies.

I don't have any idea about the other issues you bring up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Ferrara
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Benncory wrote:
This game was either rush during production or someone was asleep at wheel. It's well documented about the maniac board being backward. But surprising no one mentioned what appears to be a missing predestined player marker in the shape of a knife. The insert clearly has a dedicated spot for it. Also the player cards and the cabin tiles are terrible quality. Today consumers have come to exp ct more out of the production quality of these type of games. Oh, did I mention the insert wasn't formed to hold all the tokens even though there is plenty of room for them.

All bug (maniac screen) have been resolved. Look at the picture: https://boardgamegeek.com/image/3195546/last-friday?size=ori...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The predestined pawn is a wooden white meeple, included in the game, and clearly shown both in the rules and the game summary.
The Knife shape in the insert is just a decoration.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gaming Collector/Enthusiast
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
Geremy wrote:
Benncory wrote:

All bug (maniac screen) have been resolved. Look at the picture: https://boardgamegeek.com/image/3195546/last-friday?size=ori...

But are they replacing Gencon-bought parts yet? I've emailed Ares about 7 times and have only gotten 'once it hits retail'. Once it hit retail, it's been dead silent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.