Subject: "Matrix" and Terrain Restrictions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Crazy Adam
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Congratulations. You have just discovered the secret message.
badge
Please send your answer to Old Pink, care of the Funny Farm, Chalfont.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

Machine's Structure "Matrix" states: "Draw 1 Terrain Tactic card and place it face-down here. You can use this card in any Battle Region with Machines."

When using cards from Matrix in a battle, do Terrain restrictions still apply? (That is, must the Tactics cards played from Matrix have to match the terrain of the region where the Battle is taking place?)

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
freechinanow wrote:
Hi!

Machine's Structure "Matrix" states: "Draw 1 Terrain Tactic card and place it face-down here. You can use this card in any Battle Region with Machines."

When using cards from Matrix in a battle, do Terrain restrictions still apply? (That is, must the Tactics cards played from Matrix have to match the terrain of the region where the Battle is taking place?)

Thanks!

Terrain still applies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Van Willis
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the ability to play cards placed on Matrix contingent on control of the building? That is, am I able to play cards stored on Matrix if I no longer control a Matrix structure (e.g. Due to a battle starting in my Matrix region or use of the transform skill) or is control required only for placing cards on the structure which can then be used independent of building control?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazy Adam
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vantastic wrote:
Is the ability to play cards placed on Matrix contingent on control of the building? That is, am I able to play cards stored on Matrix if I no longer control a Matrix structure (e.g. Due to a battle starting in my Matrix region or use of the transform skill) or is control required only for placing cards on the structure which can then be used independent of building control?

I would guess that because you are not activating the Structure to use a Tactic card from Matrix during a battle, it should be fine. The rules only say a Structure in a region you no longer control cannot be activated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Being a Geek is a sure sign of a sound mind, cause it means you think that life as it is is dull and should be more interesting. Which it is.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey! And what do we do with tha card once it's played? Does it go back to the matrix? Does it enter the discard or does it go back to the terrain deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazy Adam
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brunogaia wrote:
Hey! And what do we do with tha card once it's played? Does it go back to the matrix? Does it enter the discard or does it go back to the terrain deck?

Hi Brunogaia,

Fortunately, this was addressed in an earlier post and answered by the designer. The Terrain card, once played from the Matrix, is returned to the bottom of the Terrain Tactic deck.

Source: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1618879/what-happens-cards-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi friends!

You must control the Matrix to activate it, just like any structure normally (that does not state the exception). However, you do not need to control the Region to use the cards already earned.

Think of it like the tokens from Artillery and Watchtower. You must control the Matrix/Artillery/Watchtower to activate and place the tokens/get the cards. BUT, the artillery token is still used, like the cards, even if it's now a battle Region.

I hope that makes sense.

Cards used from the Matrix are returned to the decks as Crazy Adam said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Van Willis
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for responding Grant! That's what I assumed but wanted to make sure since the cards are stored on the building rather than applied to the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Being a Geek is a sure sign of a sound mind, cause it means you think that life as it is is dull and should be more interesting. Which it is.
mbmbmbmbmb
freechinanow wrote:
brunogaia wrote:

Hi Brunogaia,

Fortunately, this was addressed in an earlier post and answered by the designer. The Terrain card, once played from the Matrix, is returned to the bottom of the Terrain Tactic deck.

Source: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1618879/what-happens-cards-...

Thanks dude. I have to admit I got lazy with the therads at some point... blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Scallon
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Can you look at the Terrain Tactics you draw for Matrix before putting them face down?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nascallon wrote:
Can you look at the Terrain Tactics you draw for Matrix before putting them face down?

Yes. otherwise, it'd be impossible to use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Sanders
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Hey Grant, quick question about how to use matrix cards

1a. First of all, I would like to ask if matrix cards are only used during battle resolution, and if only the battle text is able to be used from a matrix, or if the action symbols are also fair game.

2. Furthermore, if symbols can be used would that allow a unit adjacent to a battle region to be moved into an active battle region using a move symbol from the spent matrix card. This came up because the matrix's card text says cards may be used in battle regions, which may override battle region rules forbidding units from moving in.
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazy Adam
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
blakeSanders wrote:

1a. First of all, I would like to ask if matrix cards are only used during battle resolution, and if only the battle text is able to be used from a matrix, or if the action symbols are also fair game.

2. Furthermore, if symbols can be used would that allow a unit adjacent to a battle region to be moved into an active battle region using a move symbol from the spent matrix card. This came up because the matrix's card text says cards may be used in battle regions, which may override battle region rules forbidding units from moving in.
Thanks!

I'm pretty certain that Matrix cards are only used during Battle resolution. As such, the symbols are not considered.

I'm also pretty sure that nothing overrides the rule that says you cannot move units into a region which has been established as a battle region.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
blakeSanders wrote:

Thanks!

Battle text only. No symbols.

As for the second one, no. Unless something EXPLICITLY violates this rule, don't make an assumption.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.