Latice» Forums » Rules

Subject: What happens if I have no other tiles but wind? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Potter

Kansas
msg tools
Example:

I am down to 5 tiles. Green gecko and 4 wind tiles. When I play the green gecko do I win because the wind tiles are useless on their own? Or do I lose because the rules state that I need to be rid of all tiles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Potter

Kansas
msg tools
No one knows what to do in this case? Been playing this game for awhile and until we have a solid answer my girlfriend keeps "winning" this way...it is frustrating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tysen
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing a wind tile lets you play another tile after that. Just play your 4 wind tiles first all in a row, and then your last tile to go out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Payn
msg tools
So if I have 3 wind tiles left and no other tiles and no stones to buy an extra move can I play all 3 tiles and win the game?

We have played this a few times over the holiday period and do not agree on the best ending.

Options discussed.
1. If you have only wind tiles left you lose as you cannot place a tile on the board.
2. You need to buy an extra go for each wind tile you play and win the game when you play the last wind tile, so if you do not have enough stones you have to wait till your next turn to play again.
3. You play all wind tiles at the same time and win the game in one move.

Any thoughts please or any other variations. Pretty frustrated with this so back to Carcassonne for now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Vincent
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
designer
"So if I have 3 wind tiles left and no other tiles and no stones to buy an extra move can I play all 3 tiles and win the game?"

Assuming this scenario occurs at the start of your turn (where you wouldn't need stones to buy a move) - YES, you could play all 3 and win. You get a free extra move after playing each wind tile, so you could use that extra move to chain the wind tiles together and play each successively.

So, you would play the first wind tile, use the free move to play a second wind tile, and then use the second wind's free move to play the third wind tile. There is no requirement that you play a shape tile after playing a wind, it simply allows for a free extra move which, in most cases, would be advantageous to use.

I hope that helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.