$20.00
Dan
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick question, as I'm considering getting this to replace Descent 2.0.

Does OP have a campaign mode, and if so, is it the preferred way to play? What I'm looking for is a dungeon crawl that plays well in one-off games, where I don't have to have the same group of players every time.

I know Descent has a "one-off" mode, but it seems kind of lame to me, as you are always playing with newb heroes that don't have a lot going for them yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Clarke
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No campaign mode or character advancement. There are variants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a campaign mode, but it's not like what you're expecting or hoping for. It's really just play each mission back to back, and a timer progresses after each mission. If you take too long, later missions are harder (due to timer). That's about it. No extra skills per commando, etc. This game is fantastic for single-mission play. Not so great for campaign.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That's exactly what I'm looking for. Our game group varies frequently so I want one-off games, not a campaign

Thanks for the info!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul R
msg tools
oddbod wrote:
That's exactly what I'm looking for. Our game group varies frequently so I want one-off games, not a campaign

Thanks for the info!

This is the exact reason it's such a great game for me. It has incredible customization of each player and even the overlord role for each game - it's like you get the excitement of a customized character with the loadouts in each play. The best one-off dungeon crawl/1 vs many I've played so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulfborn West
msg tools
Then you will like the game, the rules actually allow you to change your skill load out between campaigns, rather than sticking with something you might not like, or didn't work in the previous mission. With the Extreme Prejudice, the scenarios from the OP book, and the one in the magazine, you wind up with something like 15 or 16 missions total.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.