Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can the Machines use the Moving City skill to move a structure out of a Battle Region (as units can sometimes)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
chas59 wrote:
Can the Machines use the Moving City skill to move a structure out of a Battle Region (as units can sometimes)?

No. With the Battle Regions, if a card doesn't explicitly state you can affect a battle Region, assume no.

You can move structures out of regions you don't control, but not battle regions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fito R
Argentina
flag msg tools
In the same vein can Moving City be used to move a structure into the Machines' HQ? I know that structures can't be built in HQs, so I assume this isn't possible, but would appreciate the clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Joou wrote:
In the same vein can Moving City be used to move a structure into the Machines' HQ? I know that structures can't be built in HQs, so I assume this isn't possible, but would appreciate the clarification.

No Structures in HQ. And you can't use Moving City to have multiple Structures of the same type.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fito R
Argentina
flag msg tools
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan McKinney
msg tools
mb
HerrohGrant wrote:
No Structures in HQ. And you can't use Moving City to have multiple Structures of the same type.

You mean in one region, right? This did come up in a game and we ruled that Moving City causes an exception since the rulebook only says you can't build two in one region. I guess next game that won't be happening. lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
qklilx wrote:
HerrohGrant wrote:

You mean in one region, right? This did come up in a game and we ruled that Moving City causes an exception since the rulebook only says you can't build two in one region. I guess next game that won't be happening. lol

Do not assume exceptions that are not explicitly stated

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.