Pandemic Legacy: Season 1» Forums » Rules

Subject: Postitive Mutations color sequence (no spoilers) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Seth Wolfman
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Suppose I eradicate yellow in January and I apply the level 1 "Common Structure" sticker to yellow. Then in February, I eradicate red. Which positive mutations can I add to red? Can I use the level 2 "Efficient to Sequence" sticker that is now available? Or do I have to start with a level 1 "Common Structure" sticker for red's first mutation?

The positive mutations have to be applied to the board in sequence, that much is clear. You can't use a level 2 "Efficient to Sequence" before using the level 1 "Common Structure" above it. However, the rules don't say anything about restrictions within colors. It seems that, in this situation, I could add the level 2 "Efficient to Sequence" to red, which now makes the level 3 "Easier Agents" below it available. Continuing on, if I eradicate blue in March then I could add the level 3 "Easier Agents" mutation to blue, or I could add one of the other level 1 "Common Structure" mutations to blue if I prefer that.

Am I reading this right, or do diseases have to start positive mutations at level 1 and proceed in order and this just isn't stated in the rules? If the latter, then the rule should read (new words in bold):

Positive mutations must be added in order to each disease (i.e., you can't add a level 4 mutation to a disease before first having the level 1, 2, and 3 mutations on that disease).

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They have to go in order for each disease so no level 2 before level 1 on a color.

Edit: Yes, the rules are slightly ambiguous, but the second sentence of the rules pertains to a single disease (the one you want to apply a sticker to as allowed by the first sentence).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget, you can use both of your upgrades to add both the level 1 and 2 upgrades to a disease you eradicate for the first time. (Or any two consecutive if you have previous ones already.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.