Andrew Swan
Australia
Randwick
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When playing solo, I like to record various parts of the game on paper, for several reasons:
During the game, it helps me catch mistakes I've made, e.g. not gaining one Fame upon exploring a map tile, or exactly when I forgot to level up.
I can record how many more turns I have (or am likely to have) before the dummy player calls "end of round".
After the game, it's interesting and instructive to look back and see how many Fame I gained per turn and round.

So I whipped up a simple Google doc that you can print out (probably double-sided, to save paper). You can get it here. I've done this as a living doc rather than a file upload, so that people will always be downloading the latest version with any fixes or improvements that others have suggested.

Speaking of which, let me know if you have any suggestions. Remember everything has to fit on one page! Or, save your own copy of the doc to your own Google account and do what you like to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Swan
Australia
Randwick
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a real-life example from a recent game (I've typed in the details, but normally I'd hand-write them).

Here I've indicated a level-up with an asterisk (*). You can use any notation you like, of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quantum Jack
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless you are playing the first recon walkthrough mission, you do not gain fame from exploration.

That aside, nice sheet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Swan
Australia
Randwick
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quantum_Jack wrote:
Unless you are playing the first recon walkthrough mission, you do not gain fame from exploration.

Yes, that was just an example.

Quote:
That aside, nice sheet.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.