Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Hostetler
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, new to the game. My daughter and I played for the first time tonight using the RTL app. Everything was pretty clear except how potions work. I would assume that:

a) they take an action to use
-and-
b) they are single use

However, regarding a),if they take an action to use this makes the stamina potion pointless right? It removes all fatigue tokens, but I can do the same thing by taking one action to rest. What am I missing?

Second, regarding B), the potions say to flip the card over to use it rather than discarding it.. Does this mean it can be 'untapped' and used again? if not, why not just discard it instead of flipping it?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce
msg tools
The potions themselves say if they take an action, stamina potions don't. That said resting is different because you can't use the fatigue that turn. Turning over is a remnant from the standard rules, you can discard if you prefer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BruceLGL wrote:
The potions themselves say if they take an action, stamina potions don't. That said resting is different because you can't use the fatigue that turn. Turning over is a remnant from the standard rules, you can discard if you prefer.

The curved arrow is the symbol (see Health Potion for an example) that means it takes an action. You'll notice the Stamina Potion does not have the arrow...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Hostetler
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Titeman wrote:
BruceLGL wrote:

The curved arrow is the symbol (see Health Potion for an example) that means it takes an action. You'll notice the Stamina Potion does not have the arrow...

ahh, excellent, thanks for pointing that out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the normal game, used potions can be sold for gold at the end of a quest. That's why you keep the card face-down in your possession. Road to Legend handles all the gold bookkeeping within the app, so you can safely discard them after use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick O
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vardaine wrote:
In the normal game, used potions can be sold for gold at the end of a quest. That's why you keep the card face-down in your possession. Road to Legend handles all the gold bookkeeping within the app, so you can safely discard them after use.

There are however some instances where keeping the face down potions would be important. I am thinking of Ulma Grimstone with her heroic ability:

"Use during your turn to flip one of your facedown Potion Search cards faceup. In addition, each hero adjacent to you may also flip one of their facedown Potion Search cards faceup."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Franka
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Plus, with the app, there are events and monsters that target players with search cards. I would hold on to them until the end of the quest if playing with the app.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
BruceLGL wrote:

Watch out: some game rules may refer to facedown Search card in a player's area. Namely, many Treasure Hunter's class skills count the Search cards in his are (both faceup and facedown) to empower their effect.

So, in general, I suggest to not discard used Search cards.

Edit: ninjaed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.