Subject: Anyone want a downloadable print version like Dawn of the Dead? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
a a
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I have a good scanner and have figured that it is possible to upload all maps, rules, and components of the game and have it be feasible to download and print out to play.

I think it would be a good idea considering that this is rare and OOP, but I'm not going to bother if no one wants it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Ali de Oliveira Bueno
Brazil
Campinas
São Paulo
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Anyone want a downloadable print version like Dawn of the Dead?
jamesishere (#24149),
It would be very nice. I think the most important is the rules, since the rest you can find at: http://jeuxstrategie.free.fr/Civilisation_complet.php

but the site is in french and so are the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Newman
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jamesishere (#24149),

Isn't the game still under copyright? I thought it was, since Disney keeps extending the copyright laws.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Sandall
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jamesishere (#24149),
As far as out of print games go, the Avalon Hill version of Civilization can usually be had for about $50 for a game in good condition or better. Recent ebay prices for Civilization have gone through the roof but I think that's a seasonal thing. The Descartes and Gibsons versions can be found very cheaply on ebay. I saw one Descartes version recently go for $2!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a a
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I'm confused. Do you want the entire game or just scans of the rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A good place to start looking for replacement rules might be http://globetrotter.crosswinds.net/index.htm?E&game/eHellra....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Grace
United States
Brandon
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jamesishere (#24149),

Yes, I think it would be neat to download it and play. Make everything printable on 8.5x11 with a jet printer and...oh yea if the cards would print on Avery #15395 name badge labels that would be excellent! They fit perfectly on old Magic cards!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Grace
United States
Brandon
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BTW, before anyone jumps on me, I own Civ and Adv. Civ both. I am being a little facetious. But if it isn't under copyright maybe someone would interested that wouldn't necessasarily want to shell out $50 on ebay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashton W
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I would be nice to have some decent scans, especially of the board which scans are hard to find of in the first place. I say go for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's still under copyright. Avalon Hill (which is a brand of Hasbro, so it still exists) published that version in 1980, well within the 70 years of copyright. You would need Hasbro's permission to upload any scans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashton W
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I wonder if they'd even reply. How long have they been sitting on the license? I doubt they'd care, it might be worth it to ask first. I'd love to play the game but don't have the money to buy a copy.

Edit: Ah blast I replied to a thread 6 years old blush .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.