Washington's War» Forums » General

Subject: Curious design question on Lord North's Government falls rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Dolges
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was pondering Washington's War and looking up stuff on the war in general when a question popped into my mind:

What is the historical ending to Washington's War? Meaning, which Lord North's Government Falls card happened historically?

The Lord North's Government cards signal the end of the game, but Lord North resigned as Prime Minister in 1782. Most folks will say the war ended in 1783, when the Treaty of Paris was signed. So it must be one fo those two cards

Does anyone have any insight or thoughts on this? Not exactly an important question and it doesn't really impact anything either way, but it is one my mind keeps going back to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rubin
United States
Trenton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Harmony, liberal intercourse with all nations, are recommended by policy, humanity, and interest.
mbmbmbmbmb
In practical terms, the war ended at Yorktown in 1781; significant campaigning ended and American independence became inevitable. In game terms, this would correspond to ending the game at the end of 1781, the closest game turn interstice to Lord North's historical resignation in early 1782.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dirubin wrote:
In practical terms, the war ended at Yorktown in 1781; significant campaigning ended and American independence became inevitable. In game terms, this would correspond to ending the game at the end of 1781, the closest game turn interstice to Lord North's historical resignation in early 1782.

Well stated David.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Dolges
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome answer, thank you David!

And thanks to Mark for confirmation. Really enjoy all your games Mark. A friend and I played a game of For the People for the first time yesterday and had a blast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
srd5090 wrote:
Awesome answer, thank you David!

And thanks to Mark for confirmation. Really enjoy all your games Mark. A friend and I played a game of For the People for the first time yesterday and had a blast.

I am very happy you enjoyed FTP... be well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.