Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Morency
United States
Waterford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I didn't see any threads concerning how well this plays with 2 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Johnson
United Kingdom
Penzance
Cornwall
flag msg tools
The Chicken of DOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played it with 2 players so far (6 games),and it plays brilliantly. Very quick turns, lots of interaction, and a very tense and enjoyable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerritjan Roubos
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was nice to play it with 2 players.
Yesterday I played with 4 twice (2 different groups) and it was great fun.

I would say
With 2: 6 out of 10
With 4: 9 out of 10
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Boydell
United Kingdom
Newent. Glos
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It depends what you're used to, really; if you play a lot of 2 pl games over other numbers then I think you'd like it because it's setup is tailored for two. If you're used to 3+ and like the growing tableau then two will feel odd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Massimo Paini
Italy
Romanengo
Cremona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But how it can run a majorities game alzo played in single?
To play in two instead you recommend? It is still fun and valid?
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Boydell
United Kingdom
Newent. Glos
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Paino75 wrote:
But how it can run a majorities game alzo played in single?
To play in two instead you recommend? It is still fun and valid?
Thanks.

There is an automa player in the Solo variant...and he's MEAN!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Morency
United States
Waterford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We just played our first 2 player game earlier today and we both liked the game quite a bit. We really only had one concern and it may have just been bad luck with the card draws.

In a 2 player game no new guild tiles are added to the city. We resolved the guilds that awarded extra card draws rather early. Up until that point our scores were very close, but after that I started to pull away into the lead. I'm pretty sure the reason was because I was drawing most of the cards that allowed you to draw extra cards. I consistently had more cards in my hand while my opponent was stuck playing her 2 and drawing two, or not doing anything and getting 4 cards.

Since it was our first game I'm perfectly willing to concede that I may be wrong about this conclusion. However, I thought about doing a simple draft to possibly alleviate this situation. My idea was to place all the cards you are supposed to draw face up on the table. After both players have done this, in reverse turn order each player takes turns taking a card until they reach the number they were supposed to draw.

My only concern with this is that it may go against the spirit of the game. Perhaps having your cards be secret is more important.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.