Popular Tags: [View All]
Marwan Marwan مروان مروان
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I got another friend of mine interested in Dust 1947. He's in love with the Axis but too many of my friends play them and the SSU.

He won't play the Allies as their story doesn't appeal to him. He likes the Mercenaries but there aren't enough of them to field a good sized army.

Does anyone on here know what the next faction will be? Is it the Japanese? Or will the Vrill be introduced?

Any thoughts? Rumours? Ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect it'll be a long time till they can get a new faction into Dust. When they do I believe the Japanese are higher priority than the Vrill. Adding the actual alien species would change the game in a huge way from a lot of the current them and style and would have large impacts on alliances between factions. Maybe for their next reboot.

As for the Axis; there is probably enough internal build types to have different armies even though they are all the same faction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Shydler
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My understanding (based on talking with Vincent in February) was that the Axis internal factions would be increased (the Fallshirmjaeger sets represent that), and then the Chinese section of the SSU would be done before the Japanese. For some reason, it seems that Paolo doesn't care much for the Japanese faction, and that is why it is constantly being pushed back. That's not something anyone has specifically said, just my impression from following the issue for several years. I think releasing the Japanese would be the quickest way to revive the franchise, even bringing back lost players.

I am just wondering why the new cards are taking so long. I also think it is the definition of foolish to not vet the cards with players before committing to them. My impression frankly is that there is a sort of clique of a very small number of players who have Paolo's ear and they are the ones defining the new rules and cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chinese would be a good addition to have a different theme in the SSU. Myself, I'd like to see some of the old European Armour 2 stuff come back. Such as Zombies. Not idea why they haven't restarted them; the zombies and apes are one of the big visual appeals for Dust (and were reasonably unique till Konflict '47 came along with a bigger budget, and yes Secrets of the Third Reich had similar ideas).

Skiprydell wrote:

I am just wondering why the new cards are taking so long. I also think it is the definition of foolish to not vet the cards with players before committing to them. My impression frankly is that there is a sort of clique of a very small number of players who have Paolo's ear and they are the ones defining the new rules and cards.

Dust rules development is very closed and mostly just full of ideas with little testing behind them. The cards were a decent exception; they were released (Facebook only of course) but did get a better view of the units and identifying errors to be corrected.

I'm still hoping the rule book is corrected from the faults and issues people found and have still found. Ideally they would have the cards and rules fine in soft copy before bothering with the print run. At the rate they change rules though it would be easier for them to release an army builder App with unit cards.

There was also a tournament pack (by Facebook) that added area terrain back for free-form, which is welcome for free-from but flies in the face of their 'goal' of having gridded and free-form be the same game (the Unit Leader rubbish has already ensured that will never happen).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marwan Marwan مروان مروان
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I agree. I'm personally in love with idea of zombies in the Axis armies. It makes so much sense from a story point of view, and it really fleshes out the them for the game.

It's really important in my opinion to have different flavours for the different armies. The last thing that I want to see, and I believe it would kill the game for me, is to make everything equal and the same.

EyeLost wrote:
Chinese would be a good addition to have a different theme in the SSU. Myself, I'd like to see some of the old European Armour 2 stuff come back. Such as Zombies. Not idea why they haven't restarted them; the zombies and apes are one of the big visual appeals for Dust (and were reasonably unique till Konflict '47 came along with a bigger budget, and yes Secrets of the Third Reich had similar ideas).

---

I'm using the AT-43 rules for LOS and unit leaders. I find that it works much better, and still allows for terrain and unit formation to play a role in the free-form game.

EyeLost wrote:
There was also a tournament pack (by Facebook) that added area terrain back for free-form, which is welcome for free-from but flies in the face of their 'goal' of having gridded and free-form be the same game (the Unit Leader rubbish has already ensured that will never happen).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.