Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Rouse
United States
Thibodaux
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Say I have an action that gives me two plays (energy drink, I think). My tableau is now full, but my opponent still has two cards left to play. He makes one play, and then it should be my turn, but I can't play. I know the rules say I must pass and I cannot take actions. But do I still do "start of turn" stuff? For instance, Fuscia Cat would get +1 Star Power, and Donteles would flip? Or no, because I'm passing? In which case, Donteles (Top: No one can gain RP) would prevent RP for two rounds?

Just had a game where Donteles (pretty sure that's the card's name) might have flipped himself, depending on how this is ruled, but if he didn't, I would have scored the guy who gives you 100 points for having all six types and elements. So this one little ruling would have a huge impact on how that turned out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grey Fox
Portugal
Sintra
Sintra
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Quote:
The Tournament Phase is a turn-based phase. Players will take turns in clockwise order around the table, each making a single turn. The tournament ends when no players are able to take any more turns

Quote:
If the player is unable to play a Single, they cannot take an Action, and instead Passes

Although the second paragraph seems to imply that you do start a turn but then pass it, the first paragraph changes everything in my opinion.

I'd interpret this as you do not get a turn. As if you rule it that you do start a turn in this situation, then you'd never finish the game since the finishing condition is that all players are unable to take any more turns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Rouse
United States
Thibodaux
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! That makes sense to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
msg tools
mbmbmb
CodenameGreyFox wrote:
Quote:
The Tournament Phase is a turn-based phase. Players will take turns in clockwise order around the table, each making a single turn. The tournament ends when no players are able to take any more turns

Quote:
If the player is unable to play a Single, they cannot take an Action, and instead Passes

Although the second paragraph seems to imply that you do start a turn but then pass it, the first paragraph changes everything in my opinion.

I'd interpret this as you do not get a turn. As if you rule it that you do start a turn in this situation, then you'd never finish the game since the finishing condition is that all players are unable to take any more turns.

Indeed. Combined with the second quote, I'd say that you do take a turn on the turn in which you first cannot play a single and Pass, but from then on, the turn order will skip you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.