Subject: Terah storm question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Star
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What does the last part (in total) mean?

If I have two of these cards, does it mean that every beginning phase I get, I only attract 1 total dragon?
Or does it mean that per card or per battle?

Bit confused about this card and how it works.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Weisenhorn
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just like the card says. You get 1 dragon at the beginning of your turn, if at that moment two storms are laying in your support-area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 8 27 Feb - 1 Mar 2015 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk Essex Games 27 Jul '15
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Because if it didn't say in total, you'd (quite rightly) claim a dragon for each card. Saying something much longer than "in total" wouldn't have the space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Star
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So every time it comes back to me, if those two cards are in play, I will gain one dragon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tucker Taylor
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Is your score positive? You win! (Some players win more than others.)
badge
A woman needs a man like a fish needs a saxophone.
mbmbmbmbmb
u1timo wrote:
So every time it comes back to me, if those two cards are in play, I will gain one dragon?

Yep. Tip: Often an opponent will retreat as soon as you get the second Storm in play, so it's usually best to make it your sixth card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 8 27 Feb - 1 Mar 2015 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk Essex Games 27 Jul '15
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JazzFish wrote:
u1timo wrote:

Yep. Tip: Often an opponent will retreat as soon as you get the second Storm in play, so it's usually best to make it your sixth card.

I can imagine/construct cases where I wouldn't retreat up against two Storms. But I don't recall ever not doing so.

(One obvious case is when a retreat would be a fourth dragon loss. Might as well play on in that case, nothing to lose.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tucker Taylor
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Is your score positive? You win! (Some players win more than others.)
badge
A woman needs a man like a fish needs a saxophone.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dearlove wrote:
I can imagine/construct cases where I wouldn't retreat up against two Storms. But I don't recall ever not doing so.

(One obvious case is when a retreat would be a fourth dragon loss. Might as well play on in that case, nothing to lose.)

The case I've seen in play is "I can get rid of one/both Storms," but that's changing the de facto parameters of the question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JazzFish wrote:
Dearlove wrote:

The case I've seen in play is "I can get rid of one/both Storms," but that's changing the de facto parameters of the question.

Yes, I've seen that one. I was considering only cases where the dragon would be lost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick JoJo
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I thought the effect of the storm cards activates whenever you have 2 active storm cards,like playing them in the same round for example and not just in the combat area from several rounds. Don't support cards and boosters get played above previous ones,thus making them "inactive" like character cards ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DarkFlame92 wrote:
I thought the effect of the storm cards activates whenever you have 2 active storm cards,like playing them in the same round for example and not just in the combat area from several rounds. Don't support cards and boosters get played above previous ones,thus making them "inactive" like character cards ?

Characters and boosters get played in the combat area. They are active until covered in your next turn. Support cards (including Storms) are played in the support area, and remain active for as long as the fight continues. So normally you'd play two Storms in different turns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick JoJo
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Dearlove wrote:
DarkFlame92 wrote:

Characters and boosters get played in the combat area. They are active until covered in your next turn. Support cards (including Storms) are played in the support area, and remain active for as long as the fight continues. So normally you'd play two Storms in different turns.

wow,I didn't know that. I thought they were kinda the same just with different name.Do the support cards apply their strength values each turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DarkFlame92 wrote:
Dearlove wrote:
DarkFlame92 wrote:

wow,I didn't know that. I thought they were kinda the same just with different name.Do the support cards apply their strength values each turn?

Yes. And their text still applies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.