Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gianluca Casu
Belgium
Ixelles
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not know Bridge mate, but if you think it could work, create the decks find three more and have a test session.

I'll be curious to hear the results.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not ask in the wargames forum for feedback?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
FWIW if you're just proposing playing the established standard game of Bridge with war-themed art/labels on the cards, that would not really be a "wargame" which would interest wargamers, because "wargame" (to wargamers) means a game which somehow simulates war (i.e. the actions you do in a game relate to actions in a war), not simply a game with war-themed art/labels.

The bidding and trick-taking activities in Bridge have no obvious relation to simulating war, no more than e.g. Poker or Blackjack would become a wargame when played with such cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On a related note, making a sandwich can be rethemed into a war simulation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Prewitt
United States
Granada Hills
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
On a related note, making a sandwich can be rethemed into a war simulation.

A shit sandwhich.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CARL SKUTSCH
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Agricola, Sekigahara, Concordia, Innovation, COOKIE!!! (and Guinness)
badge
SANJURO: You're all tough, then? GAMBLER: What? Kill me if you can! SANJURO: It'll hurt.
mbmbmbmbmb
Start with a mechanism, or a series of interlocking mechanisms, and then paste a theme on top of it? This is not how wargamers think.

We start with a war (battle, operation) and try to come up with a set of game mechanisms that will simulate that war. Subject (theme) comes first; the means, how to do it, comes second. Once we have a well designed war gaming system we might try to apply it to other similar topics. For example, if you've already developed a tactical combat system for simulating WW2 combat, you might try to apply it to other theaters (with a high chance of success) or other wars (with probably not as high a chance of success).

Trying to make bridge (which is a great game) into a wargame just seems silly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.