Thunder & Lightning» Forums » Strategy

Subject: A little help, please? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tracy Newman

Overland Park
Kansas
msg tools
I bought this game on the strength of the rave reviews here, but my daughter and I played once and obviously we were missing something. Most of the cards that we had in our hands were mythological cards which granted abilities that we had no use for because we didn't have the other cards they influenced, or whatnot. So, it was never clear what our strategies should be and neither one of us could figure out what to play where. Perhaps it's just not our type of game. But I really want to like it!

I feel like it would help to see experienced players run through it, but I don't see any videos posted. Can anyone help with a play-by-play or even general strategy tips to get us started? The tips in the rulebook did not help at all, as they advised to play mythological cards for their abilities rather than playing them on the battlefield, but that left us no cards to play. Can anyone help, please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Dreyer
United States
Mechanicsville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the game seems to work fine - but card draw can leave you without a lot of choices to begin with - keep drawing cards and lay enough cards down to make 2-3 rows - remember each row enables you to play 1 action - so the more rows the more actions! give it another try - my wife and I played our first 2 games last night and had fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.