Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Quote:
Mark Cuban: If Trump Loses, His 'Toxic' Brand Will 'Bankrupt' Him. The Billionaire owner of the Dallas Mavericks makes a point. Trump has pissed off or otherwise alienated the elite rich that frequent his establishments, In fact you have to be pretty well off to afford a stay at a Trump Resort. Trump has been pandering to the little guy, i.e. poor uneducated white males mostly for 16 months and they surely can't afford a stay at his ritzy venues. What will he do when he loses? Change Trump Tower to Motel 6? Cuban predicted that the Trump empire would crumble as a result within 7 years.

Cuban also wouldn't let the Fox interviewer get away with Trumps now famous whine about a supposed faulty microphone. Cuban to reporter, "No, no, no, no, no, no, I'm not going to let you go there." He said further that Trump during the walk-through told the audio guy how great the mic sounded. He mentioned that the one thing that rattled Trump the most was the audience laughing at him when he said something stupid.

Cuban said that he stopped supporting Trump when he saw that Trump has no desire to learn the issues and policies of our country and our allies.

And a little bit on the national anthem controversy at the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hathorn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:

Quote:
Mark Cuban: If Drumpf Loses, His 'Toxic' Brand Will 'Bankrupt' Him. The Billionaire owner of the Dallas Mavericks makes a point. Drumpf has pissed off or otherwise alienated the elite rich that frequent his establishments, In fact you have to be pretty well off to afford a stay at a Drumpf Resort. Drumpf has been pandering to the little guy, i.e. poor uneducated white males mostly for 16 months and they surely can't afford a stay at his ritzy venues. What will he do when he loses? Change Drumpf Tower to Motel 6? Cuban predicted that the Drumpf empire would crumble as a result within 7 years.

Cuban also wouldn't let the Fox interviewer get away with Drumpfs now famous whine about a supposed faulty microphone. Cuban to reporter, "No, no, no, no, no, no, I'm not going to let you go there." He said further that Drumpf during the walk-through told the audio guy how great the mic sounded. He mentioned that the one thing that rattled Drumpf the most was the audience laughing at him when he said something stupid.

Cuban said that he stopped supporting Drumpf when he saw that Drumpf has no desire to learn the issues and policies of our country and our allies.

You know, I don't really want to like Mark Cuban (Spurs fan in San Antonio and all). But, I must admit, he seems like someone I'd get along with pretty well. Damn him for being honest and likeable
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:

Quote:
Mark Cuban: If Trump Loses, His 'Toxic' Brand Will 'Bankrupt' Him. The Billionaire owner of the Dallas Mavericks makes a point. Trump has pissed off or otherwise alienated the elite rich that frequent his establishments, In fact you have to be pretty well off to afford a stay at a Trump Resort. Trump has been pandering to the little guy, i.e. poor uneducated white males mostly for 16 months and they surely can't afford a stay at his ritzy venues. What will he do when he loses? Change Trump Tower to Motel 6? Cuban predicted that the Trump empire would crumble as a result within 7 years.

Cuban also wouldn't let the Fox interviewer get away with Trumps now famous whine about a supposed faulty microphone. Cuban to reporter, "No, no, no, no, no, no, I'm not going to let you go there." He said further that Trump during the walk-through told the audio guy how great the mic sounded. He mentioned that the one thing that rattled Trump the most was the audience laughing at him when he said something stupid.

Cuban said that he stopped supporting Trump when he saw that Trump has no desire to learn the issues and policies of our country and our allies.

He is wrong if he thinks that Rumps wealthy mates will cease to stay in his gaudy palaces of excess.

They have far shorter (self serving) memories then any other socio/ecconomic group (for fuck sake they keep bailing the man out).

Sorry but he will say nice things about how it was all a joke and they will still stay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
Mostly made up of spare parts and sarcasm! ... HTTP Error 418 I'm a Teapot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Bankrupt him? oh the shame it's not like he would ever live it down. The shame would kill him. Oh wait ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Meh. If the FTC starts going through his books for Trump U, he's fucked.

The Foundation is obviously his cash cow; if it loses its charity status or he gets a hefty penalty from the IRS, he's doubly fucked.

Oh yeah, and there might be his civil damages from raping a 13-year-old. That'll take a big chunk out of him.

It's almost Shakespeare, by way of Hunger Games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bbenston wrote:

The Foundation is obviously his cash cow; if it loses its charity status or he gets a hefty penalty from the IRS, he's doubly fucked.

Oh yeah, and there might be his civil damages from raping a 13-year-old. That'll take a big chunk out of him.

I've tried to stay away from the alleged violent rape of the under age girl because anyone can allege anything during an election. I would be extremely upset if true so I'm holding off with innocent until proven guilty until we get more. But it is a very disturbing story.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cuban's probably being optimistic.

Trump's businesses are at this point already feeling the impact of his tarnished brand - there's been a lot of pictures showing how empty his hotels have become - but more than that, Trump's problem is that he's almost certainly highly leveraged with debt, and a lot of that is supposedly to Deutschebank, who are teetering and at the point where they'll start either hard-collecting their owed debt or selling it to other collectors for a rapid return - and in either scenario Trump suddenly faces hostile creditors, which is not a good situation for him to be in.

Honestly, I think he ran for President in part to make executive orders which could save his business.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
bbenston wrote:

I've tried to stay away from the alleged violent rape of the under age girl because anyone can allege anything during an election. I would be extremely upset if true so I'm holding off with innocent until proven guilty until we get more. But it is a very disturbing story.

Sure, Trump deserves the protections our system provides as a citizen.

But there's a witness. (Which apparently never happens in these sorts of things, for obvious reasons.)
The other party in this is now a class 3 sex offender in NY.
There were death threats, to the alleged victim and her family.
There's trump's very long history of "issues with women".

We give the term "pedophile" to people like this.
Personally, I just want to see him do a few VERY ANTI-TRUMP JUDGE press conferences in an ankle bracelet.
Well, that and see people continue to talk him up in RSP. Honestly, that's hilarious every single damn time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bbenston wrote:

Well, that and see people continue to talk him up in RSP. Honestly, that's hilarious every single damn time.

As a conservative who will not vote for Trump under any circumstance, I find that 70% of RSP is currently irrelevant to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bbenston wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:
bbenston wrote:

But there's a witness. (Which apparently never happens in these sorts of things, for obvious reasons.)

Personally, I just want to see him do a few VERY ANTI-TRUMP JUDGE press conferences in an ankle bracelet.
Yes, and we should not label anyone a pedo until they are convicted.

By the way, there were child witnesses to all that satanic child abuse, do you believe that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
bbenston wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:
bbenston wrote:

Yes, and we should not label anyone a pedo until they are convicted.

By the way, there were child witnesses to all that satanic child abuse, do you believe that?

1. Fair enough. I'll back off.
2. Apples and oranges. Those witnesses in criminal trials, back in the day, were explicitly coerced -- some through threats, some through psychological abuse, some through the simple power of religious mania/suggestion -- by several DAs with an axe to grind and future careers to serve.

In Trump's civil case, this is going to wend its way through the legal system on motions and appeals, and it's going to come to a head after the election. Of course at that time, Trump will have access to the witness(es) and the evidence they give, and be able to make the same allegations. Or even get the case thrown out of court, if it fails to make basic procedural/filing requirements. (For example, the statute of limitations on this incident has long since expired, but her argument is the death threats and coercion basically keep him from being able to make that argument.)

However, and I'm speaking only as a betting man -- with the preponderance of the evidence in front of us, Christ. I'm going with "probably true".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
mightygodking wrote:

Honestly, I think he ran for President in part to make executive orders which could save his business.

The Berlusconi model. (Well, slightly different - Berlusconi enjoyed immunity from prosecution as long as he was in the Italian parliament...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snoo Py
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
slatersteven wrote:
He is wrong if he thinks that Rumps wealthy mates will cease to stay in his gaudy palaces of excess.

They have far shorter (self serving) memories then any other socio/ecconomic group (for fuck sake they keep bailing the man out).

Sorry but he will say nice things about how it was all a joke and they will still stay.

Not only that, but his outrageous statements and behavior established him as a global brand as that's pretty much the only thing in the campaign that's being noticed abroad.
His entire business model is based on brand recognition, so his business will flourish after the election, no matter what.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.