Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris in Kansai
Japan
Otsu
Shiga
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On mapboard 5, does hex E07 have LOS into hex E05?

I think yes because the centre point of hex D06 (which defines how the hex is treated for terrain modifiers) is a road hex and thus has no obstructions, but that protruding corner of the stone building into D06 bothers me somehow.

On general principles, any bit of art of different terrain to the centre point of the hex it's in has no effect on LOS through that hex, right ... ?
(like small stands of trees, sheds and so on)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simo Ahava
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chrysm wrote:
On mapboard 5, does hex E07 have LOS into hex E05?

I think yes because the centre point of hex D06 (which defines how the hex is treated for terrain modifiers) is a road hex and thus has no obstructions, but that protruding corner of the stone building into D06 bothers me somehow.

On general principles, any bit of art of different terrain to the centre point of the hex it's in has no effect on LOS through that hex, right ... ?

Hi,

Line of Sight is calculated from center hex to center hex. Hex terrain is determined by whatever is beneath the center point of the hex.

Thus artwork in the edges of a hex have no impact on LOS calculation or terrain type determination.

Simo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Chrysm wrote:

Yep, the map art is often misleading in that way, unfortunately.

Cf: Building art vs Line of sight (LOS)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris in Kansai
Japan
Otsu
Shiga
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it, thanks. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.