Subject: Running characters in order? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Williams

Seattle
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmb
I found, trying to run it as a four player game, that it was a bit of a pain in the ass to go through the character cards in correct order, since it randomly bounces around the table and you can't just call out the next highest number.

Has anyone found any particular solution to this problem? Or is that pretty much the reason that it's so popular as a 1-2 player game and not more than that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Take the cards and set them out in the middle of the table in order. Should make decisionmaking easier too since you can clearly see the full order of operations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rus
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I never had this issue, even with 6 players.

Note that support always happens before move, which always happens before attack. So, first we call for everyone who picked support to go (which can usually be done simultaneously). Then we call for movers to move, then for attackers to attack. There is always open discussion and planning that goes into every turn, so that everyone intimately understands the choreography with other players within the phase they pick, before the action starts. Otherwise it is difficult to win this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fenmar
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you really playing this in 6? Although possible, I have never thought it would be really enjoyable in 6. So much planning depends from group decisions: if you play this in 6 you might equally play it in 10... how is your experience with so many players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.