$5.00
$20.00
Greg Lorrimer
United Kingdom
Harrow on the Hill
Middlesex
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

I can usually get some idea of a game or expansion from the BGG description, but here it just seems to be marketing fluff.

Can anyone give me a quick summary of what this adds to the game? Is it just an Island? Or is there worthwhile gameplay also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Watch this short review/component overview. It will tell you all you need to know about the expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lorrimer
United Kingdom
Harrow on the Hill
Middlesex
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
7 minutes? And dice tower? I think I'll pass on that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hanson
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
This expansion adds 3 more characters, little figures of the rescue vehicles, along with a couple of new ones, a replacement deck of cards allowing for use of the new characters and vehicles. it also includes a tiny model of Tracy island that allows you to park characters without using a vehicle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lorrimer
United Kingdom
Harrow on the Hill
Middlesex
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Thanks for that, Steve.

Do you think it adds anything substantial to the gaming?

I can see the value of the Hood expansion, particularly in dealing with alpha players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
itsastickup wrote:

Thanks for that, Steve.

I can see the value of the Hood expansion, particularly in dealing with alpha players.
How does the Hood "deal with" alpha gamers (by which I assume that you mean domineering jerks)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshal Anderson
United Kingdom
Chesterfield
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
itsastickup wrote:

Thanks for that, Steve.

How does the Hood "deal with" alpha gamers (by which I assume that you mean domineering jerks)?

You let/make them play the Hood :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lorrimer
United Kingdom
Harrow on the Hill
Middlesex
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
itsastickup wrote:

Thanks for that, Steve.

Haha!!!

Well, I think I've identified a non-jerk alpha player. One of my flatmates seems to have the ability to see about 6 moves ahead in spacial games. It's quite something. The result is that without meaning to, she always ends up taking over these kinds of games.

The only trouble is that she may make an unbeatable Hood.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
itsastickup wrote:
mccrispy wrote:
itsastickup wrote:

Thanks for that, Steve.

Haha!!!

Well, I think I've identified a non-jerk alpha player. One of my flatmates seems to have the ability to see about 6 moves ahead in spacial games. It's quite something. The result is that without meaning to, she always ends up taking over these kinds of games.

The only trouble is that she may make an unbeatable Hood.
I recognise that description - it describes my eldest son. The difference between that description and a jerk is that jerks seldom listen to input from others and even if they listen to input from others are unlikely to modify their choice based on that input, while expecting the complete reverse from others. I play with one of those too (and find it more tiring than playing an adversarial game because of the conflict it creates).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cat O\'Mighty
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The extra characters add a lot of good variety to the players' choices. The Pod vehicle models are super cute. And the upgraded cards make use of the new characters and vehicles.

If you enjoy the game at all, I would say this is a must-have expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Raps
Netherlands
Vlijmen
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Tracy Island expands your options when playing the game, but it does not fundamentally alter the gameplay (like, say, the Hood expansion does).

Parker and Tin-Tin can be valuable characters (I haven't played with Brains yet). But despite the game now having a total of eight characters, you can still only play with a maximum of four, leaving the others as NPC's. Which means playing new characters comes at the cost of sacrificing the abilities of other characters.

If you're into the Thunderbirds miniatures, the pod vehicles are a nice addition. They are lovely to have spread across your game board instead of those cardboard chits from the base game.

But basically, the Tracy Island expansion is more of the same experience you get from the base game. If you're into that, sure, this is a cool expansion to get for the new characters and the pod vehicle miniatures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cat O\'Mighty
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another feature with the extra characters helps us with 4 player games. We like to deal each player 2 characters and everybody gets to choose the one they want from their pair.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.