Hide
7 Posts

The Networks» Forums » General

Subject: solo play question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jamie scott
msg tools
Hi, bit of a newbie here...could anyone explain the 'turn order track' in solo mode please.
When do I place a cube onto the track? I have read the rules, but I'm still a bit unsure of when to place a cube.

thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Hova
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
It's related to the burn mechanism.

In the solo game, after each turn, you'll draw a Network Card to only look at the icons on the bottom row.

Each "lit-up" icon indicates what thing you're going to remove from the round. So a "Show" icon means you discard the leftmost show. An "Ad" icon means you discard the leftmost Ad. The "Drop and Budget" icon means you block off the leftmost Drop and Budget space with a cube.

So far so good? OK, let's say you get an icon that you can't fulfill. Like, you get a Show icon, but there are no more available Shows.

That's when you put a cube on the turn order track. If five cubes go on the track, you lose the game.

Don't forget that you might have to put more than one cube out at the same time, if there are multiple icons you can't fulfill. Also, the rightmost Drop & Budget spot can't be blocked off, so if 4 cubes are on the Drop & Budget space and you get a Drop & Budget icon, you'll have to move a cube to the turn order track as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jamie scott
msg tools
Oh great thanks, got it now
So, if there are not many face up cards (show/star/ad) etc it's better to drop and budget and end your season rather than risking drawing a network card and getting another cube on your order track.

Game just arrived from Amazon, will give it a try this afternoon. Looking forward to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Coppini
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to jump in but quick clarification:

Quote:
In the solo game, after each turn, you'll draw a Network Card to only look at the icons on the bottom row.

Does this mean after each action? So for example 1st action you get a show, then draw and burn, then 2nd action take a star, then draw and burn...and so on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Hova
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Drugo81 wrote:
Sorry to jump in but quick clarification:

Quote:

Does this mean after each action? So for example 1st action you get a show, then draw and burn, then 2nd action take a star, then draw and burn...and so on?

Exactly!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Coppini
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah in the end I found your solo playthrough and everything was clear.

Thanks for including a solid solo variant! Preordered right away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Coppini
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, had my first solo play yesterday, I ended with 261 pts! Lots of FUN!!

I knew the solo variant was solid but was surprised that everything is really designed specifically for it, especially with the central boards. The burning mechanism too is brilliant!

Congrats and thanks again for a great solo game (of course I'm looking forward to trying it multiplayer as well ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.