Subject: We've had fun... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Giemsa
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My gf and I just finished the game and were quite pleased with the experience, having played other escape games. This one to our surprise was probably the hardest one. The puzzled were pretty diverse. Technically you could play this "non-legacy", which would require you to have a very good Visual perception and memory. But the game does not require you to destroy any components. The idea with the solution wheel and two step solution card system was interesting and fascinating, but while playing always left us with the uncertainty, if it really works... But it does.

Definately one of our favorite experiences regarding home escape room games. But don't expect too much storywise...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could you elaborate a bit on this legacy or lack of legacy aspect (without spoilering the game)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Giemsa
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game does not require you to destroy any components. but you should be aware, that it might be easier (or faster) to solve certain puzzles, if you cut one of the book pages apart.

since the game is not really timed, you could take a Little more time and solve the puzzles without destoying the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We REALLy enjoyed this one. Awesome puzzles (only the final one was a little disappointing to us). We destroyed the game while playing though I guess it was not required. I can highly recommend it (we have tried around 20 escape rooms in real life).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin K.
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sounds like copying the book should be enough for this scenario to make it "destroyable" without loosing replayability? Can someone acknowledge that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well basically. There may be stuff on the cards that you are suposed to cut out but you should be able to solve it without doing that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Falco20019 wrote:
Sounds like copying the book should be enough for this scenario to make it "destroyable" without loosing replayability? Can someone acknowledge that?

Would like to know as well. Also can anyone comment on the other two games? Is it the same there that all that needs to be saved is a single side of the gamebook? If so maybe you could tell which page (in spoilers) so that it could be copied ahead of the game for those of us who want to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Giemsa
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you could copy the booklet in order to not destroy the original. the booklet has just a few pages and you can easily skip through them at the beginning of the game of even before playing without spoiling the game as long as you don't study them too intensively. once the game starts, the whole booklet is available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is not enough with the booklet in the pharaoh imo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Giemsa
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
true...

Pharao is most likely a one time thing. you will probably have to destroy it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Mahr
Austria
flag msg tools
Life Ain't No Zombiefarm
mbmbmbmbmb
We played the game yesterday, in a group of 4. None of us had been to an Escape Room before, nor have we played any of the other games. Yet, we enjoyed it a lot, too. The puzzles are imho not only diverse, but also sound and some of them VERY unique. None of them were particular hard or even unfair (think sticking a banana on a metronome to convert an ape into a monkey wrench), so with 4 people there was never big downtime, nor did we ever felt stuck in a dead end. Yet, we felt challenged all the time and each solved clue felt rewarding.

funketyme wrote:
The game does not require you to destroy any components. but you should be aware, that it might be easier (or faster) to solve certain puzzles, if you cut one of the book pages apart.

since the game is not really timed, you could take a Little more time and solve the puzzles without destoying the game.
Actually, there was even one puzzle, I was to quick using the scissors.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Just, when I finished cutting everything out, I found it unnecessary and figured out, I wasted some time doing so.
Yet, the scissors are beneficial in other occasions.

Falco20019 wrote:
We destroyed the game, too. In retrospective, if you want to leave the game intact and still play it out conveniently and fast, it should be sufficient, if you copy not only the book, but also the rear side of the red cards B, C, G and N. (Of course without further inspection, best done by somebody, not taking part in the game. Note that, since some of the puzzles are colour-coded, it would not be sufficient to xerox the material in b&w.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Barnett
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I just finished our play through of this one. We really enjoyed it. We also managed to keep everything intact so we can pass it along to a friend to get them hooked!!!

I can't wait to play the other two that are currently available here in Canada.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Isaak
United States
Kenmore
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes copying the booklet or solving a few of the puzzles in your head is sufficient here to preserve it. I enjoyed this enough that I wanted to pass it on to my co-workers who are also into escape rooms.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flo P
Austria
flag msg tools
On the topic of reusing the game, here is my comment from another thread (everything spoiler-free):

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/25933611#25933611

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.