Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
steffan kristensen
Denmark
Esbjerg
flag msg tools
mb
Hello everyone.

When you play with the expansion cities, the rules tell you that you need 7 runes to win the game.

Has anyone tried playing with the expansion cities and a win requirement of 6 runes? It seems like it might produce a somewhat shorter game?

I've also thought about incorporationg a mix of base game and expansion cities intro the same game. In my head it could create an interresting "king of the hill" dynamic where some players fight for control of the "best" cities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I play without expansion cities to 5 runes and it works really well, so expansion cities to 6 runes sounds perfectly fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steffan kristensen
Denmark
Esbjerg
flag msg tools
mb
markino wrote:
I play without expansion cities to 5 runes and it works really well, so expansion cities to 6 runes sounds perfectly fine.

Cool

Any comment on using both base game and expansion cities in the same game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ssk0909 wrote:

Any comment on using both base game and expansion cities in the same game?

I haven't yet, but mostly because I'm afraid that if I mix them, I'll never get them sorted properly again.

Off the top of my head, mixing cities could be problematic. If the good city is in the middle of the map, I think it'll create the effect you're looking for, but if it's near a homerealm, that player may have a bit of an advantage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Budgernaut wrote:
I haven't yet, but mostly because I'm afraid that if I mix them, I'll never get them sorted properly again.

No worries, they have different backs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anduin wrote:
Budgernaut wrote:

Really? I must be dense. I kept them separated so never bothered to compare the backs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Budgernaut wrote:
Anduin wrote:
Budgernaut wrote:

Really? I must be dense. I kept them separated so never bothered to compare the backs.

can't check now, but I remember they have a sort of reddish background.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.