Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Varasorn K
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wording on the card say '..... Increase your plant production 1 step, or 4 steps if you have 3 plant tags.)

Since the 'if you have 3 plant tags' is not a requirement, in order to increase 3 steps, you must have exactly 3 plant tags, not at least 3 right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dieckmann
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While worded poorly, I'm sure it should say at least 3. Thematically you get the benefit If you have a lot of plants that would benefit from the added nitrogen released by the collision right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven De Puysseleir
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
trust me, I'm a dentist
badge
we don't lie, we use statistics
mbmbmbmbmb
Chrisxny wrote:
While worded poorly, I'm sure it should say at least 3. Thematically you get the benefit If you have a lot of plants that would benefit from the added nitrogen released by the collision right?

we played it like "at least" because of the missing word "exact".
If you have 7 plant tags, you have 3 + 4 tags, right so you have 3. whistle
While not very mathematically correct interpretation, I don't see how (thematically) having more plants than the required amount would hinder the added production.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Noel
United States
Fairmont
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's nothing mathematically incorrect about that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Varasorn K
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lievendp wrote:
Chrisxny wrote:

we played it like "at least" because of the missing word "exact".
If you have 7 plant tags, you have 3 + 4 tags, right so you have 3. whistle
While not very mathematically correct interpretation, I don't see how (thematically) having more plants than the required amount would hinder the added production.

Someone said it should say 'exact' if you need exact, I argued it should say 'at least' if you need at least.

But now I think i agree with you guys. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Cleary
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All the cards with upper limits say as much, namely the O2 and Temp requirements. Anything that dictates a number is that number at a minimum unless otherwise specified on the card. The designer wanted fewer words and symbols on components, not more. It could be clearer in the rules, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu Fontaines
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is where a FAQ by card would be handy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
This is at least nitpicking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven De Puysseleir
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
trust me, I'm a dentist
badge
we don't lie, we use statistics
mbmbmbmbmb
WBuchanan wrote:
This is at least nitpicking.

There is no such thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Bulhões
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
Does this card increase your TF rating 2 or 3 steps? 2 as written in the card and another for raising the temperature?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Coiote wrote:
Does this card increase your TF rating 2 or 3 steps? 2 as written in the card and another for raising the temperature?

Quite correct, 3 steps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Bulhões
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudolph Fox
Mexico
flag msg tools
In the same card, you increase 2 terraforming points, and increase 1 degree, but, do you increase another terraforming point for this degree? Does this card gives you 3 TERRAFORMING POINTS?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manning
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rudolp wrote:
In the same card, you increase 2 terraforming points, and increase 1 degree, but, do you increase another terraforming point for this degree? Does this card gives you 3 TERRAFORMING POINTS?
Yes, unless temperature is maxed out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonny A.
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Varasorn wrote:
Wording on the card say '..... Increase your plant production 1 step, or 4 steps if you have 3 plant tags.)

Since the 'if you have 3 plant tags' is not a requirement, in order to increase 3 steps, you must have exactly 3 plant tags, not at least 3 right?

If you have more than 3 tags, you also have 3 tags, in which case your plant production goes up by 4 steps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
Monroe
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Varasorn wrote:

See the FAQ at the start of this heading. It says that there are no "exact" requirements. Any requirement that does not say it is a maximum is to be interpreted as a minimum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.