Hide
3 Posts

Mage Wars Arena» Forums » General

Subject: Battlegrounds Arena Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Day Life
msg tools
Sorry for a re-post, but I got no response in the section...Battlegrounds Domination section.

Hi... I've got the original Mage Wars (I guess it is called Arena now?) and while I loved it I never got it to the table much. I kinda stopped paying attention to it and noticed this expansion recently that has "arena tiles" with localized abilities and attributed on them which you can "build" your Arena from., maybe even in strange shapes.

I think this is a really cool idea and I was wondering if this is the only expansion that dose this with tiles?

I'm considering buying this in the hopes of stimulating some play in my group and was thinking of getting two sets of the expansion so I can build larger boards to run team vs team or 4v4 free for all (as well as this point capture system this expansion introduces)

TL,DR

1) Is there any other expansions with arena tiles
2) Are their enough tiles to build a larger board that can play 2v2 team games or 4v4 free for all.. if not can I just use two sets of this expansion together.
3) I own Mage Wars (original) plus both Core Boxes and teh Force Commander box... is there any others you would recommend?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cannon
United States
Annapolis
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See response in Battlegrounds forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Inkpen
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DayinDaLife wrote:

1) Is there any other expansions with arena tiles
2) Are their enough tiles to build a larger board that can play 2v2 team games or 4v4 free for all.. if not can I just use two sets of this expansion together.
3) I own Mage Wars (original) plus both Core Boxes and teh Force Commander box... is there any others you would recommend?

1) No.
2) Yes, and Yes.
3) Honestly one of each expansion, they all have excellent content. Druid vs Necromancer would be my first stop though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.