Hide
3 Posts

Draconis Invasion» Forums » General

Subject: Draconus Invasion Box rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Travis Hunter
msg tools
The box for Draconus Invasion has to be one of the best boxes I've ever had. A lot of thought and care went into the design of this puppy. Major kudos for creating card dividers that are tall enough that are still very visible after you sleeve your cards. Plus, I'm very glad that my sleeved cards fit nicely inside the box. The box itself is made of thick cardboard. Excellent, excellent job.

Draconus Invasion has some similarities to the Residemt Evil deck building game. I'm not saying it's a clone. Instead, it grabed some core mechanics of that game and made it its own here. It's like a revamped, way better concept of Resident Evil.

The art is beautiful, the game is solid and game components are very good. The solo mode, the one I play, is a lot of fun. It's challenging because some of the cards have special rules that apply to other players. You simply ignore those effects when playing solo. The rub it is that you are paying more gold for a card that has an effect you can't use. I feel this keeps solo play more challenging.

One question though- why does the Ent cost 80 gold but only does 10 damage and provides no gold? It's interesting that it costs so much for a very small benefit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Balázs Cziráki
Hungary
Zalaszentmihály
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, it is one of the best boxes I've seen so far in terms of quality. It has the thickest box of all my board games, very sturdy and I'm happy about that, since it needs to hold a lot of weight, especially if there will be expansions in the future.
Very nice work on making the box this high quality!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall COBB
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

The gold number on the upper left of the defenders is NOT gold you get, but it is gold you have to PAY to use that defender. The Tree Ent costs 80 gold to buy and only does 10 damage, BUT it doesn't cost you gold to play. Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.