Popular Tags: [View All]
Walter Hearne
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I received my copy of Agricola on Saturday (that was fast!) and have been looking over the rules. This looks like a really interesting system and I'm eager to get it to the table as soon as I free up the space. There is one big thing I need clarification on. As far as I can tell, a Legion does not need to be in, or adjacent to, a Tribal Box in order to take an action against that box (contrary to the rules for Agricola himself). Thus a Legion can take action against any box on the map subject to the limitations for that specific action. Adjacency or presence only comes into play for certain game effects, like internecine war.

Do I have this right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
theduke34 wrote:
I received my copy of Agricola on Saturday (that was fast!) and have been looking over the rules. This looks like a really interesting system and I'm eager to get it to the table as soon as I free up the space. There is one big thing I need clarification on. As far as I can tell, a Legion does not need to be in, or adjacent to, a Tribal Box in order to take an action against that box (contrary to the rules for Agricola himself). Thus a Legion can take action against any box on the map subject to the limitations for that specific action. Adjacency or presence only comes into play for certain game effects, like internecine war.

Do I have this right?

No; see the last sentence of 5.1, "The action itself is taken in the Box the Legion occupies after having resolved any movement."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Hearne
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Blutarsky....reading comprehension: zero point zero.

(Looks away embarrassed)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
theduke34 wrote:
Mr Blutarsky....reading comprehension: zero point zero.

(Looks away embarrassed)

Hey, I miss things all the time, and that includes my own rules. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.