Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Rae
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This was our first play of King me and it was a throughly rewarding experience. The brilliance of this one is that it is a quick filler. You pick up the game in about ten minutes and then develop from there.

Of course the experience did not start well for me. I raised up the first King candidate (a character I did not have) on the very first round and thought to save my veto's. Alas all the other players had this character and he was promptly kinged. Doh, I was not going to be winning this one.

Still the second round taught us all a lesson and the round was longer with no one taking risks around veto's. At this point we discovered that apart from taking few risks with veto's we also wanted to advance our other characters for extra points.

So round three applied both these lessons but with not good fortune for me. I learnt in the third round to count the votes, because there was still one veto when I advanced my preferred character to rank five. He was promptly sent up for execution in the same round.

The net result was a pleasant and happy experience. I can see us filling a quick twenty minutes with this whenever there are a large number of players. It is not often you get a game this easy for this many players where all are involved. I don't expect the game to endure any afternoon or evening sessions on it's own, certainly not, but it is almost a party game and I will enjoy playing with mates of all gaming orientations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Dennis
United States
Pawleys Island
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a fun and light game that I enjoy. It does not overstay it's welcome, and is takes exactly the right amount of time for the fun you get from it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.