Subject: ADP Rule Clarifications for Bots and Events? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yancey Larochelle-Williams
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
I've played 3 games so far (one playing all factions, two with NP Gov/Warlords) and a multitude of questions have come up. Can anyone help me clear these doubts up?

* Are LoCs considered spaces for the purposes of removing Terror/Sabotage in a Civic Action? If not, how do you get rid of Sabotage?

* If a zone is Opposed and a Warlord takes a terror action and sets a zone to neutral, can a Taliban player then take another terror action to set it to Opposed? Or do they have to take the previous terror tokens off before they can make the change?

Questions about the NP systems:

* A note about the NPs at Low Resources indicates that a NP Coalition can still operate without Government resources. Are they limited to only the actions that don't cost anything or can they still train without paying for it?

Also some questions about events:

* Sandstorms says that "[...] Sweep Activates only 1 Guerrilla per 3 cubes (round down)." ISR says "Each Coalition Sweep Op, Coalition may Activate another 3 Guerrillas in any 1 space". If I don't have any cubes in that space, does Sandstorms block it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Novatheorem wrote:
I've played 3 games so far (one playing all factions, two with NP Gov/Warlords) and a multitude of questions have come up. Can anyone help me clear these doubts up?

* Are LoCs considered spaces for the purposes of removing Terror/Sabotage in a Civic Action?

No. Per the first sentence of 6.4.1, Civic Action can only occur in Provinces and Kabul City.

Quote:
If not, how do you get rid of Sabotage?

During the Reset Phase (6.6).

Quote:
* If a zone is Opposed and a Warlord takes a terror action and sets a zone to neutral, can a Taliban player then take another terror action to set it to Opposed?

Yes.

Quote:
Or do they have to take the previous terror tokens off before they can make the change?

Only during Sharia (6.4.2). Not during Terror (3.3.4).

Quote:
Questions about the NP systems:

* A note about the NPs at Low Resources indicates that a NP Coalition can still operate without Government resources. Are they limited to only the actions that don't cost anything

Yes.

Quote:
or can they still train without paying for it?

Coalition Train only costs Resources if they place Govt cubes, so as long as they don't place sny cubes they can Train without paying anything.

Quote:
Also some questions about events:

* Sandstorms says that "[...] Sweep Activates only 1 Guerrilla per 3 cubes (round down)." ISR says "Each Coalition Sweep Op, Coalition may Activate another 3 Guerrillas in any 1 space". If I don't have any cubes in that space, does Sandstorms block it?

When two Events conflict the one that was played latest wins (5.1.2), so if Sandstorms was played after ISR then ISR doesn't work until next Propaganda.

Regards,
Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
That's super helpful, thank you! Apparently, I didn't read close enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
Another question: Does the NP Government pay to remove terror and opposition during the Support phase or just where it could set to Neutral without buying Terror off?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
8.6.6 says to "remove all Opposition possible". If it has enough Resources to both remove Terror and Opposition it can do so, if that is necessaryto maximize the amount of Opposition removed.

Regards,
Oerjan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
An additional question: When the NP factions have two conflicting procedure guidelines, which takes priority?

For example: Government has 3 police in an area and can train for a base, but doing so would lose COIN control. Do we place the base because it is possible, or does the base not get placed because doing so would lose control?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Anything preceeded by "Unless otherwise specified", such as everything in 8.1.2, is trumped by specific instructions for the current action. If the bot can't place the Base (specific Train instruction) without losing Control (general "Unless otherwise specified"-instruction), it places the Base.

Regards,
Oerjan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.