Popular Tags: [View All]
Chuck Tewksbury
United States
Ashburnham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested in polishing off the VASSAL module for AWAW. If anyone here is interested in assisting I'd appreciate it. This has received lukewarm support on the AWAW Yahoo group since everyone is mostly happy with Warplanner. The issue as I see it is that Warplanner hasn't been touched for years and VASSAL is supported on multiple platforms.

-Chuck
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Graves
United States
Norwalk
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hey chuck - I have made several improvements to the module but not published it. you'd be welcome to look at what I've done and take it from there or do your own thing from scratch.

Be warned, getting the hex numbering right was a major PITA...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Neff
msg tools
I'm curious, are the campaign games reasonably playable in the Vassal module? I've put a little time in recently soloing in both Vassal and Warplanner to see which I like best. I find Warplanner very difficult to use and the graphics difficult to see. I'd prefer to play with Vassal though it lacks many features (e.g., no research/diplomacy trackers) and is a little unwieldy ( e.g. switching out and combining air factors). I figure I'd just supplement Vassal with paper charts from the board game and it will be better than Warplanner, but I'm not sure. Does anyone else have a strong opinion on which is a better experience?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.