Subject: Settings up Mayoral Reward Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew McChesney
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At the beginning of the game it says return the cards to the Pack. Does the term Pack include all of the cards not dealt or only the cards dealt. I find in a regular game if you use all of the cards available you will never get to the 5Vp at the bottom of the stack and the game just turns into getting as many endgame scoring cards as possible. Just not sure on the way setup is worded as to which way is intended due to the use of the work pack having no real meaning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Van Zandt
United States
South Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
PlayTMG.com
mbmbmbmbmb
They return to the undealt cards. Getting lots of mayoral cards is good. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McChesney
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed it is, possibly too good. Need to play this more now I think I have all the rules questions out of the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Boydell
United Kingdom
Newent. Glos
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Welcome...to my Shed!
mbmbmbmbmb
braingoo wrote:
Indeed it is, possibly too good. Need to play this more now I think I have all the rules questions out of the way.

Yes they are very important but...it's not the _number_ of reward cards that makes the difference but the quality! That's why you always get to choose 1 from X!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Van Zandt
United States
South Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
PlayTMG.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, getting mayoral rewards is a result of specific actions, which everyone has a roughly equal opportunity to perform. Different tiles have different values of rewards, which is a very obviously intentional part of the design.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.